Gibson Brands Forums

Who gots to go to work today?

What do you do?

I'm a Sound Engineer/Technician/lighting and visuals designer for a large dance club in Valencia... I work weekends getting the place fired up and making sure things go smoothly each session. During the week I do the maintenance in the club keeping all the equipment working and in shape. I'm also responsible for all inhouse productions and live acts... Might not be your favorite music but the club rocks...

Lots of young people having fun. Cool.

Looks like the Spaniards know how to dance. I forget is it the Eastern Europeans that can't dance or did all that change when the Soviet Union disbanded?

Hahahhaa.... Well they dance differently, at least here in Spain. The kids just seem to move to the music and groove. They are not so concerned about the latest R&B dance moves although there is a small Hip Hop culture grown in popularity over the past few years....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate Work.

What do you hate about your job?

I'm laid off. I work in a rod mill. The heat and humidity are off the chart in the summer. I've been there for 20 years and never dreaded going in.

Days like these don't even bother me

M01A0083copy.jpg

I'm at work now. Coffee's brewed' date=' music playing,wondering which guitar I'm going to play today.

Nothing on the bench so it looks like I have another day off.[/quote']

If you have time to lean, you have time to clean!

Still working on various details pertinent to the new garden. We put in a new well and have to run the flow tests on it. Finished mixing the planting medium yesterday, 24 yards of various material. Today I'm preparing a flower-bed in front of the south privacy wall, lots of rocks to remove and material to rototill in. Chickens gotta be fed, eggs gotta be collected and the last of the harvest has to be trimmed and bagged.

THEN I'll roll the scoot out into some 70 degree sunshine and hit it.

I love my job! :D

I'll go in after lunch today - I was sick all night and didn't get much sleep so I'm just hittin' my first cup of coffee.

I'll write a lesson plan for a class I'll teach next week and make a power-point presentation for it and for another project I'm working on.

Sadly, I don't get to work until Wednesday, but I did finish my week last night doing a private party for a "New England Club" here in Florida.

I'm a musician, and I LOVE my work. On a work day, instead of saying "I have to go to work today" like most people do, I say "Lucky me, I get to go to work today."

What could be better. Get on stage, play my guitar, sax, wind synth, flute, and sing to an appreciative audience. Get applause every 5 minutes or so. Be the life of the party. Have fun with my wife, best friend, and band-mate, Leilani, and at the end of the 3 or 4 hours of merry-making, get paid real money!!!!!!!!!!! I'd rather do that than stay home.

Notes

I'm a Sound Engineer/Technician/lighting and visuals designer for a large dance club in Valencia... I work weekends getting the place fired up and making sure things go smoothly each session. During the week I do the maintenance in the club keeping all the equipment working and in shape. I'm also responsible for all inhouse productions and live acts... Might not be your favorite music but the club rocks...

I was a roadie and a stage hand for many years I loved that job as well. But it was always feast or famine.

Now I am retired due to disability.

I was a roadie and a stage hand for many years I loved that job as well. But it was always feast or famine.

Now I am retired due to disability.

My job is very stable, I have a good contract and I haven't missed a paycheck in the six years I've been with them so far... I used to be a road too when I was a youngster... Later I did some touring as Sound Engineer for a major artist but I was considered one of the band. No set up or break downs. I loved that as well and I got to travel and see the world...

I just started a new job today! I had a good run working for myself, but the economy has slowed in the business I was in and the cost of doing business was going up. I got an opportunity to go to work for a great, financially solid company with excellent benefits. I got to meet the guys that will be working for me today and at first blush, they all seem like good people. I think that I will enjoy getting up and going to work...at least for a while.

I just started a new job today! I had a good run working for myself' date=' but the economy has slowed in the business I was in and the cost of doing business was going up. I got an opportunity to go to work for a great, financially solid company with excellent benefits. I got to meet the guys that will be working for me today and at first blush, they all seem like good people. I think that I will enjoy getting up and going to work...at least for a while.[/quote']

Are they hiring?

I'm ready to leave California now.

With the economy the way it is, I feel lucky to have a job. Fortunately, it's a job I love: 6th grade teacher. Yeah, not for everybody to be sure: the days of "Teacher says it; that's the way it is" are long over. That said, you should have seen the looks on the kids' faces when I plugged by SG Special into my Mesa-Boogie and started ripping power chords the day before Christmas break...

Archived