Gibson Brands Forums

1997 Epiphone SG g-400 tuners

JB1903

Hi,

I have a 1997 Epiphone SG G-400 and one of my stock tuners has broken with the plastic green key breaking off and leaving me with a bare peg I can't turn. Looking at the other keys, I'm a bit concerned a couple more might also break so thinking about replacing the set. I'm just looking to buy a replacement set that will theoretically fit without any modification. 

Does anyone know the specs of these tuners that came with this model/year of guitar?

I see on the website they are selling Gibson deluxe branded tuners which look similar, but concerned they may not fit. Any one got any experience of replacing these?

All thoughts/comments/suggestions welcomed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 7:05 AM, JB1903 said:

Thanks - yeah its the Kluson style that are on it. Just wanting to make sure I won't need to start drilling new or different sized holes to accommodate them

There is a Grover version that looks very similar that has cast housings the Grover 135N the mounting holes will match, but uses threaded inserts that will require the post holes to be larger.

dkmldqcfwea9ssopkqnj.jpg