Gibson Brands Forums

How do I find pricing for used Les Pauls

d.am

Hi

Sadly need to sell two of my Les Pauls, I was wondering where i would find what is market value for les pauls both standard sand customs

Im in the UK.

Have looked on ebay but have not found the price for the particular year

thank you

Hi

Sadly need to sell two of my Les Pauls' date=' I was wondering where i would find what is market value for les pauls both standard sand customs

Im in the UK.

Have looked on ebay but have not found the price for the particular year

thank you[/quote']There really isn't a set price for used LPs, there mainly worth what people are willing to pay for them, but you can set a base (usually a little more than you paid for them), and then go from there.

BTW, are we talking Gibson, or Epiphone LPs?

What years and what condition?

Any modifications?

If it's in pristine condition, a recent sunburst Standard here in the US will bring $1,500.

A Custom maybe $500 - $800 more.

Prices can vary widely on a Custom depending on the year.

Prices can be an odd thing, the guitar may simply not find a buyer at any price.

On the other hand, the right guy finds it and pays top dollar with no questions asked.

Here in the US, I use Ebay with some success, but the fees suck. Make sure you post many clear photos of a surgically clean and shiny guitar with a good brief description without spelling errors.

Personally, I'll never own another black guitar. I had two black Standards and I hated the finish swirls.

On the other hand, it's a sharp-looking color when it's in good shape and many players like it.

Good luck.

Archived