Gibson Brands Forums

What percent of Gibson owners own Les Pauls?

axuality

I don't mean on this forum, but of all Gibson owners worldwide, I wonder how many of them have a Les Paul as their main guitar? I played only a 335 for many, many years and a couple months ago traded for a Les Paul. I'm amazed how many LP players there seems to be. Just look at the forum sizes for LPs. Or are LP owners just more of a 'club'?

I had an Epiphone Black Beauty back in the 90's -- did not like it at all. Tinny, not much to play. Turned me of the LP type guitars. I love the Hamer (which is like the 335 but small like a Les Paul -- in between). I was not looking to buy the Hamer when I bought it (it snagged me). I like the Washburn J6 -- an L5 CES clone -- nice guitar. I got that after a divorce - 1986. I truly was looking at the Gibson for over a year -- I wanted a Gibson jumbo. (most of my life) I had my eye on that guitar. I am glad I bought it. The Tacoma (got it in 95) was just "there" one day and I played it and liked it and thought "why not?" [moral of the story -- not a lot of thinking going on in buying guitars. Most of the time it is an impulse buy.] I have never gone out and bought a guitar like a tool (something I needed to get a job done)(or a gun). I do not go out and buy like you would clothes or a car. (I don't need one). Also -- I was never "turned on" by Taylor, Carvin, Martin -- all pretty common in San Diego. Never wanted a Fender rock-type guitar. Never wanted a bixby. What I have is pretty much what I wanted.

Archived