Gibson Brands Forums

Check out my Mechanics Special in buy and sell.

TM

This is my ad wanted to make sure you folks see this interesting offering. Someone may be able to tell me what it is! I bought it 3-4 years ago off ebay. Don't remember any comments from the sale. Makes a great project for the aspiring guitar builder or repair person.

Thanks, Terry

What in the name of all things wooden and noisy happened to that?

It looks like something happened to it during manufacture and it was drilled up to stop anyone taking the carcass away and finishing it, then selling it as the genuine flawless article.

If I had the money I'd love a project like that. Like you say in the ad, fill the holes, spray it black and bob's yer uncle.

It is interesting in that it has the Advanced Jumbo inlays and a 24 3/4 scale length. The regular issue L00 had a longer scale until just recently. It is early Bozeman as it has the paddle neck assembly.

Perhaps the holes are some sort of quality control experiment? I thought too that they didn't want it to leave the factory hence the holes, but they could have easily just sawed it in half.

I would string it up but there are no holes in the top or bridgeplate.

Terry

Everything inside looks to be there. There is a truss rod, but no nut on the end. I posted some pics of the inside on my webpage. There is some writing or scribbling on the top, but I haven't figured it out.

webpage

Terry

Looks to me like it got caught in the Hatfields and McCoy's cross fire.

or

Somebody went dumpster diving in Bozeman. I thought Henry J. "el cabonged" the non-conforming guit tars?

ElKabong.jpg

Judging by the striated asbestos siding and the bench she's posed upon, you are my dad. When I was a kid, we had a bench constructed just like that in our corn crib. It might still be there. The sideing, however was replaced by less durable vinyl about 10 years ago.

Judging by the striated asbestos siding and the bench she's posed upon, you are my dad. When I was a kid, we had a bench constructed just like that in our corn crib. It might still be there. The sideing, however was replaced by less durable vinyl about 10 years ago.

Hi son! Hadn't heard from you.

Looks like it says "no good" and then someone's initials. Maybe it was used for training purposes?

Yes, I believe you are correct. I was looking at this guitar last night. It really is an interesting piece of Gibson lore. I do believe it is early Bozeman, again the pearl inlays and the short scale neck. Maybe some sort of protoype they were considering. It may be best left as is, an interesting wall hanger.

Would be a great piece for the Bozeman collector.

Terry

Archived