Gibson Brands Forums

2022 Les Paul Special Tribute P90 Pickup Mounting Question

dylan123

Hi,

Does anyone know if the current gen Les Paul Special Tribute P90 guitars have a metal baseplate under the pickups that allows the pickups to be mounted with a bolt instead of a wood screw?

I'm thinking about buying one for an at-home jazz guitar to replace my Epiphone les paul special and I'd like to replace the pickups if my house makes them buzz (have never played a single coil in my new house). The baseplate makes this guitar more attractive because I don't run the risk of stripping out the wood with long wood screws (I've swapped out jazz bass pickups and I had to be pretty careful).

Thanks!

On 4/21/2022 at 5:30 PM, dylan123 said:

I'd like to replace the pickups if my house makes them buzz (have never played a single coil in my new house).

The wiring in the old Victorian house I used to live in did not play nicely with P90s.  In that house the EHX humdebugger was a life saver.

Edited by michaelsegui
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 10:32 AM, michaelsegui said:

The wiring in the old Victorian house I used to live in did not play nicely with P90s.  In that house the EHX humdebugger was a life saver.

"michaelsegui", thank you for mentioning the Hum Debugger, after reading your comment I now own one and being a P90 freak I'm in love with it. 

Edited by mihcmac