Gibson Brands Forums

Humidifiers for Guitar/Home Studio..

Larsongs

1 minute ago, Larsongs said:

It appears all Guitars made of Wood can be affected by lack of Humidity.. Not just the Bodies but also the Necks & Fretboards.

Solid Body, Hollow & Semi-Hollow Bodies.. All of them…

gotcha ...

The new Humidifier arrived today.. Setup was fast & easy.. Filled with water, wait 20 minutes for Filter to absorb water.. set Humidity level, Turn on & select Fan Speed.

The humidity in my room was about 30%.. Within an hour or so it was up to 45%..

The Tower shape is ideal, fits perfect, surprisingly doesn’t take much room, works fast & looks like a piece of furniture.

So far I’m impressed.

Here’s a link.. https://aircareproducts.com/humidifiers/pedestal-ep9500/

Amazon has them for $168.00..

My Studio is now 41% humidity.. It feels really humid.. I’m not used to it here in the Desert..  It’s going to take some time to adjust to it. I guess it’s good for my Guitars though! 

7 minutes ago, duane v said:

Great news... Did you order the Bacteriostatic Treatment? This is very important.

I’m using Distilled water so far.. I’m ordering the Bacteriostatic Treatment today.. What do you recommend? Also, how often do you need to change filters?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I’m using Distilled water so far.. I’m ordering the Bacteriostatic Treatment today.. What do you recommend? Also, how often do you need to change filters?

Thanks

Just a cap full on every tank refill. The system will show a code on the LCD readout when you need to change the filters. I have to change mine about every 6-8 months. I don't use distilled water so it could be a longer interval between filter changes for you. 

1 hour ago, duane v said:

Just a cap full on every tank refill. The system will show a code on the LCD readout when you need to change the filters. I have to change mine about every 6-8 months. I don't use distilled water so it could be a longer interval between filter changes for you. 

Thanks..