Gibson Brands Forums

John Leno. j160e

Lord Chimp

2 hours ago, Lord Chimp said:

Hi. I own a Gibson John Lennon j160e. A few of the pins have snapped and I wondered what are the details for replacement. 

thanks so much in advance,

Shaun

You go online or to the store and buy new ones. How did they break?

Go on Gibsons site and see if they are under warranty, but I doubt it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

If you're talking about bridge pins  - they're relatively inexpensive. You can find plastic ones on Amazone . Here's some choices at a guitar place: https://www.elderly.com/pages/search-results?offset=24&q=bridge pins    

As Sgt.Pepper said - unlikely bridge pins would be under warranty.   And I'd also be curious how you snapped a few. 

Any damage to your bridge or bridge plate ?

2 hours ago, Lord Chimp said:

Thanks. I was just wondering if it’s a standard gauge. 

There are different size pins on different models. When ever bridge pins come up a guy name Bob Colosi comes up. Try his site and you should be able to find the ones you need in all sorts of different materials.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Lord Chimp said:

I intend to purchase them.  I just wanted Gibson pins. I’ll track down an emai as calling from uk would need a second Mortgage. 

Do they have to be Gibson, like I mentioned people rave about those Bob Colosi pins. Whenever I get a guitar that has plastic pins I immediately order a set of ebony ones for the new/used one I just got. ebony may not make a bit of differance in tone, but I like to look. I don't think after market pins will decrease sale value if you are remotely concerned with it.