Gibson Brands Forums

Is Musicians Friend legit?

Yeah, the MFers are legit.

Of course, your idea of customer service and product satisfaction may need to be adjusted slightly.....

I've only ordered strings from them, but I've rarely heard BAD things about them.

I think Music 123 is also the same as Musician's Friend and Guitar Center.

I found a pedal listed on all 3 sites as a blemished item.....same price. I purchased the pedal from Music 123 and the same pedal did not appear on the other two sites after I bought it.:-

I've done business with MF, Zzounds and Sweetwater for items that my local Mom and Pop store cannot get.

I prefer to shop at my local M&P store because of the extra service I get from them, and some of the money stays in the local community. But due to franchising and minimum purchase requirements, the local store can't get some products so I get them on-line.

I've never bought a guitar on-line, as I like to hold them in my hands and try them out first.

I did buy a sax on-line from Woodwind and Brasswind before they were purchased by Guitar Center. I ordered 3 of them, checked out the intonation and response and kept the best one sending the other two back. It was a brand that my local M&P store simply could not get.

Of the 4 on-line stores I've dealt with, none of them have give me any problems.

Insights and incites by Notes

I've bought 2 epip's and one Gibson from them. Straps, strings and all kinds of other things. Never had a problem. I started useing them when Mars Music closed down. Didn't like the way I was treated at Guitar Center or AL&M.

I've spent many thousands of dollars with MF. Yes, MF, 123, and Guitar Center are all the same company. There is no need whatsoever to worry. They have a 45-day 'no hassle' return policy (they even pay the shipping back to them) which is totally legit. Also, an electric guitar would have to be a really bad piece of crap before you couldn't adjust it 'just right'. An accoustic- now that's a different story (did I mention the 45-day 'no hassle return?).

Whenever possible, however, I'll take Sweetwater every time. Not only will they match MFs price, they'll even set it up free if it's over $299. Great service.

Absolutely DO NOT WORRY about buying a guitar from any of the above-mentioned places.

Archived