Gibson Brands Forums

Apologizing

callen3615

I know all us Americans are just a bunch of arrogant, egotistical, racist, people who just cling to guns and religion but I dont need our president apologizing to other countries for me. :-({|=

But seriously, this really pisses me off. I know hes not proud of this great country but does he have to go to other countries and attack the US all the time?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know hes not proud of this great country but does he have to go to other countries and attack the US all the time?

Yeah' date=' throw an arm around the Queen Mum after you give her a fxcking IPod.....

Kiss the ring of the King of Saudi Arabia....

What a Great Man.

Makes me [i']so proud[/i] to be an American citizen represented by his knowledge, wisdom and understanding....

Part of being proud of what you are is knowing when to accept you have been wrong and when to aknowledge others don't think so high of you and yours.

When you aknowledge others don't think so high of you and yours you have to start thinking why, and maybe you will end up finding out there was nothing to be proud of to begin with (there is always something to be proud of tho... even some crazy cubans might be proud of fidel).

Maybe Obama realized that to the eyes of the world, "you people" are (and I quote callen) "just a bunch of arrogant, egotistical, racist, people who just cling to guns and religion", and just wants everybody else to know he will bring some changes and that not all of you are that way, and he is sorry for others having abused their privileged place in the world.

That or he is just plain stupid, but I am going with numero 1

Part of being proud of what you are is knowing when to accept you have been wrong and when to aknowledge others don't think so high of you and yours.

When you aknowledge others don't think so high of you and yours you have to start thinking why' date=' and maybe you will end up finding out there was nothing to be proud of to begin with (there is always something to be proud of tho... even some crazy cubans might be proud of fidel).

Maybe Obama realized that to the eyes of the world, "you people" are (and I quote callen) "just a bunch of arrogant, egotistical, racist, people who just cling to guns and religion", and just wants everybody else to know he will bring some changes and that not all of you are that way, and he is sorry for others having abused their privileged place in the world.

That or he is just plain stupid, but I am going with numero 1[/quote']

+:-@=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

What the US was doing diplomatically around the world was not working, maybe it is time for a change of strategy.

The thing with Americans is that everybody thinks we are number 1 by default, in reality you have to work at it constantly and quite frankly a lot of us may not be doing a good job.

The world is changing fast, soon China or the European Union will be on top of the US. Like Neo said, start learning Chinese 'cause you just may need it.

Telling yourself you are number 1 does not have any meaning unless you are actually number 1.

This is just an example: For instance, historically one third of NASA scientifics have been from other countries, the US has always have a Visa ready for those people and enticing funding for research so these guys would leave their countries to exploid their potential. Things are changing, a lot of countries are spending the money on research and treat their top brainiacs very well and these guys are no longer coming to the US. This will have an impact on NASA which is a source of a lot of technologies that make it to the economic markets domestic and international.

I know all us Americans are just a bunch of arrogant' date=' egotistical, racist, people who just cling to guns and religion but I dont need our president apologizing to other countries for me. [-(

But seriously, this really pisses me off. I know hes not proud of this great country but does he have to go to other countries and attack the US all the time?[/quote']

I applaud him.

We've been arrogant for too long -- and it's catching up with us.

Homz and Hoyt are arrogant and ignorant' date=' so they are glad that somebody is apologizing for them....They both worship Obama's taint.[/quote']

I worship nothing. You are; however, comfortable with dropping to your knees. My advice; use knee pads the next time you worship at the alter of the Neoconman.

Obama is just on tour.

Touring and running for office is all he knows how to do.

He's never ran anything, and was a crappy Senator. Voted "present" most of the time.

It'll be a short tour.....

Wanna bet?

Murph.

IMHO

This forum is not a microcosm of the United States. The U.S. is heavily weighted to the liberal side. In many studies when the topics are separate from party affiliation the liberal points of view are picked at about 60 to 65%. That's not to say these people are Democrats. The Democrats only have a few percentage points majority. The problem is the label. Many people are afraid to be labeled a liberal. They also perceive Democrats to be the party of the liberal. The Republicans are great organizers they have the majority of Americans believing they are the party of morality, strong military, and patriotism. This perception is of coarse not accurate. Democrats are just as moral, and patriotic. In fact since the majority of our military is made up of inner city poor people, it is likely the majority of the military are Democrats. Although I have not actually seen a statical analysis on that one. My point is. To those of you who are not Americans, please understand we are not all like the arrogant right wingers you frequently see here on the forum. Most Americans are not like that.

I love my country and I am a Liberal and it saddens me to know the world (much of it) hates us.

IMHO

To those of you who are not Americans' date=' please understand we are not all like the arrogant right wingers you frequently see here on the forum. Most Americans are not like that.

I love my country and I am a Liberal and it saddens me to know the world (much of it) hates us.

[/quote']

Yeah man. The reason Obama is going around and "getting to know" all of the world is because of this stereotype. The area that Bush ****ed up the most in is foreign diplomacy. The president of the United States is the ultimate diplomat in our system of government, and it is their JOB to make countries like us. Last time I checked, the whole world hated Bush, and it was probably because of this and the Iraq war. Many people may disagree with my choice of Bush's biggest flaw being his foreign diplomacy, and they may say that it was the Iraq war. There are two reasons why Bush shouldnt get ALL of the blame for the war:

1. Bush was surrounded by a cabinet that helped make his decisions. Its like the Cuban Missile Crisis. It wasn't John Kennedy who "saved the day", but it was President Kennedy AND his cabinet. The cabinet is basically the president's advisement group. So therefore, all of the blame in this point CANNOT be put solely on Bush, but instead the blame should be put on Bush and everyone in his cabinet.

2. This was right after 9/11. The whole entire country was in fear of terrorist attacks. The moment Bush was informed (if he ever was "informed") of the occurance of "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq, he acted the smart way. Here is why it was smart. History repeats itself, and this is relevant in the entire history of civilization. During the early years of WWII, Hitler began taking over countries like Czechloslavakia (for their weapons factories), Poland (because that would prevent a two front war) and others. Do you know what the British and French did? Absa-****ing-lutely nothing. Why? Because they wanted to avoid another WWI. IF they had attacked Hitler when he took over Czechloslavakia, they wouldve been able to end the war extremely quickly, because the Germans got most of their weapons from the weapon factories in Czechloslavakia. IF they prevented the taking over of Holland and Belgium, the Germans wouldve had to fight right through the heavily armed Maginot Line (the line of French forts along the border of Germany that ends at the border of Belgium). This is history repeating itself. In my opinion, Bush couldnt have done anything differant with the war, because if he let the Iraqis build their "weapons of mass destruction" (real or fake), the terrorists could've gotten them in their possession. If these same terrorists were crazy enough to fly a plane into the world trade centers, why the hell wouldnt they use "weapons of mass destruction"?

I am personally a moderate (leaning toward liberal), and this is just my opinion. I am not protecting Bush in any way, because i personally thought him to be one of the shittiest presidents we ever couldve had, but at the same time, i just dont believe the Iraq war was his fault.

By the way, i support Obama with what some say is "kissing everybody's ***", because that is what we need right now.

Also, to those who say that this is "demeaning" to America: We are not the most powerful country in the world. China would kick our *** if we were to fight them. They have factories, and they have a communist government that wouldnt mind at all if 20,000 people died, because they have 2 billion to choose from anyway. Seriously, if the disaster of another world war occured, we would need all of the help and allies we could get.

Just my opinion.

IMHO

Democrats are just as moral' date=' and patriotic. In fact since the majority of our military is made up of inner city poor people, it is likely the majority of the military are Democrats. Although I have not actually seen a statical analysis on that one. My point is. To those of you who are not Americans, please understand we are not all like the arrogant right wingers you frequently see here on the forum. Most Americans are not like that.

[/quote']

Right thats why democrats support laws like killing babys, gay marrage, illegal immigration..

Most people in the military are republican.

See Homz is just more educated than I am, far superior as a matter of fact.

Im just a dumb redneck with moral values, sorry for that.

Right thats why democrats support laws like killing babys' date=' gay marrage, illegal immigration..

Most people in the military are republican.

See Homz is just more educated than I am, far superior as a matter of fact.

Im just a dumb redneck with moral values, sorry for that.[/quote']

I've never killed a baby. You are illinformed and need to understand the issues. You simply can't say abortion, yeah or nah.

If as you proclaim the military is majority republican then produce some statistical data. Better yet why don't you go join up and show us how tuff you really are. I suggest you go to the marines. So many are so ready to use the military and yet have no understanding of what it means to be in the trenches. These we call 'chicken hawks'. There seemed to be many in the Bush administration. Your a young college kid. Go forth young man and fight for your country. Or is that just something the poor and disenfranchised do, in your mind?

On the issue of immigration. I don't know anyone who is in favor of illegal immigration. That statement is totally ignorant. There are many ideas for dealing with illegal immigration. None of them I have seen are for throughing open the borders and giving up.

Archived