Gibson Brands Forums

Any Gibson Grabber owners out there?

pbass54

I have a Gibson Ripper. It's been refinished before I received it and has quite a few scratches and marks. I've been sanding the new finish which has not been done well and am getting ready to refinish black.

I believe it's either a 74 or 76. Will try to get the type of wood tomorrow or remove the new paint and see the seerial under it.

It is available for sale and I'm accepting offers at this point. Will try to post photos soon as well.

contact me @ kevin_carver@hotmail.com

I have a Gibson Ripper. It's been refinished before I received it and has quite a few scratches and marks. I've been sanding the new finish which has not been done well and am getting ready to refinish black.

I believe it's either a 74 or 76. Will try to get the type of wood tomorrow or remove the new paint and see the seerial under it.

It is available for sale and I'm accepting offers at this point. Will try to post photos soon as well.

contact me @ kevin_carver@hotmail.com

• 3 years later...

yes, since saturday i'm a proud owner of a grabber in almost new condition, dated 1979.

Here's a short youtube clip me demoing that beast:

(sorry for the crappy playing... :smug:)

here are a LOT of photos. I dunno what that paint is on the back - thats the worst thing on the bass - otherwise - let the pictures speak..

body-close.jpg

body-close-2.jpg

body-side.jpg

head-front.jpg

head-back.jpg

body-back.jpg

I went ahead and bit the bullet today and ordered the Grabber II. I'll have it Wednsday i cant wait. A friend of mine had a Ripper, Nice Bass. Take care

Were did you get a new Grabber II? I thought they were discontinued.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

yes, since saturday i'm a proud owner of a grabber in almost new condition, dated 1979.

Here's a short youtube clip me demoing that beast:

(sorry for the crappy playing... :smug:)

here are a LOT of photos. I dunno what that paint is on the back - thats the worst thing on the bass - otherwise - let the pictures speak..

body-close.jpg

body-close-2.jpg

body-side.jpg

head-front.jpg

head-back.jpg

body-back.jpg

Astounding condition for a 1979 Grabber. That either spent a lot of time in storage or someone did a fine resto. [woot]

Archived