Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher - ES-355 TDSV


Hype
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone looking forward to this release in Aug 2022? Not necessary because of Noel Gallagher, but when was the last time Gibson produced an ES-355 TDSV? Probably back in late ‘90’s think ‘97…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 5:15 AM, SteveFord said:

I like the guitar but I'm afraid they'll relic it.

What do you think Steve, sig model, probably limited to 100 or so. I’m going all in, and saying it’s gonna be $7999 - $9999? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What do you think Steve, sig model, probably limited to 100 or so. I’m going all in, and saying it’s gonna be $7999 - $9999? 

It’s limited to 200. Roughly $9799 USD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where do they come up with these figures?  Maybe they have a little Wheel Of Fortune desktop spinner, starts at $4999 and ends at $9999.

And... and... and... $9799 it is!!!

I suppose it's all in how popular an artist is.  If they were to do a Steve Ford Signature model they'd take the base price and then discount it by 65% and throw in a handfull of guitar picks and hope for the best.

Edited by SteveFord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Where do they come up with these figures?  Maybe they have a little Wheel Of Fortune desktop spinner, starts at $4999 and ends at $9999.

And... and... and... $9799 it is!!!

I suppose it's all in how popular an artist is.  If they were to do a Steve Ford Signature model they'd take the base price and then discount it by 65% and throw in a handfull of guitar picks and hope for the best.

Should be roughly $9799 USD. I already put a down payment on it in CAD (roughly $12,600)

Edited by Hype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Hold out for the Steve Ford Signature Model, probably get it for $499 with a hardshell case.

All kidding aside, let us know how it is when it shows, please.

Won’t be til earliest end of Aug/early Sept

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Will the Murphy Lab, break the neck and re-glue the headstock back on?   Imagine how much my 1969 SG Std. is worth! Even less than the Steve Ford model.  I will have to stick with my ES345 in walnut.

 Thanks John

Edited by powerwagonjohn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait a minute, there's something worth less than my Signature Model?

Are you sure about that one?

I'm told the marketing campaign is slated to be When Les Is Less: A New Low In Collectibles.  I should probably be offended but they haven't asked for the prototype back. 

Yet.

Edited by SteveFord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI. If you can’t afford the 355, Epiphone will be releasing a repro of Noel’s Matsumoku Riviera the one used at the height of Oasis’ popularity (ie “Don’t Look Back In Anger” vid)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, powerwagonjohn said:

 Will the Murphy Lab, break the neck and re-glue the headstock back on?   Imagine how much my 1969 SG Std. is worth! Even less than the Steve Ford model.  I will have to stick with my ES345 in walnut.

 Thanks John

No. It won’t be done by the Murphy Lab….They’ll send the guitar to Liam. He’ll break it properly like he did Noel’s..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2022 at 6:31 PM, Willsjazz said:

I like Noel. I hate stereo variotones.

If you like Noel, then you might be interested to know “word on the street” is that Epiphone will be doing a repro on Noel’s Epiphone Matsumoku Riviera (one seen in the “Morning Glory”, “Champagne Supernova” & “Don’t Look Back In Anger” vids)….MSRP apparently $1219 CAD so approx $950 USD…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Hype said:

No. It won’t be done by the Murphy Lab….They’ll send the guitar to Liam. He’ll break it properly like he did Noel’s..

Liam will get the job done being an arrogant pompous p-rick while doing it. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I hope you know I was just joking Hype.  If you want a ES-355 TDSV you should go for it. As I said I have a 2009 ES-345 and I really like the guitar. I sometimes use the stereo with two of my amps and I use the Varatone quite often, esp. in my buddie's studio. I call it my analogue modeling guitar. Several great players made very good use of these features.

 I sold my Les Paul when I got my dream guitar, a Gibson Johnny A Signature. We only go around once in life.

 Thanks john

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, powerwagonjohn said:

 I hope you know I was just joking Hype.  If you want a ES-355 TDSV you should go for it. As I said I have a 2009 ES-345 and I really like the guitar. I sometimes use the stereo with two of my amps and I use the Varatone quite often, esp. in my buddie's studio. I call it my analogue modeling guitar. Several great players made very good use of these features.

 I sold my Les Paul when I got my dream guitar, a Gibson Johnny A Signature. We only go around once in life.

 Thanks john

I have a 2011 Antique Ebony VOS with Bigsby ES-355….But I want a red 355 similar to Marr, Butler and Gallagher’s….So I’m gonna get it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/20/2022 at 5:01 AM, Hype said:

Anyone looking forward to this release in Aug 2022? Not necessary because of Noel Gallagher, but when was the last time Gibson produced an ES-355 TDSV? Probably back in late ‘90’s think ‘97…

Yes......missed out on the J-150 last year as I was too slow off the mark, so really looking forward to this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found the link below and wrote asking if they had already had it up for sale or just prepared for the release. They replied that "unfortunately this product is out of stock, we will not receive more units of this product in the future." Seems like some collectors have already "preordered" or made deals with dealers.

https://www.musicstore.com/en_LT/EUR/Gibson-Noel-Gallagher-1960-ES-355-Sixties-Cherry-Murphy-Lab/art-GIT0058881-000

Cheers,

Andreas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...