Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher - ES-355 TDSV

Hype

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 5:15 AM, SteveFord said:

I like the guitar but I'm afraid they'll relic it.

What do you think Steve, sig model, probably limited to 100 or so. I’m going all in, and saying it’s gonna be $7999 - $9999? 

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What do you think Steve, sig model, probably limited to 100 or so. I’m going all in, and saying it’s gonna be $7999 - $9999? 

It’s limited to 200. Roughly $9799 USD. 

Where do they come up with these figures?  Maybe they have a little Wheel Of Fortune desktop spinner, starts at $4999 and ends at $9999.

And... and... and... $9799 it is!!!

I suppose it's all in how popular an artist is.  If they were to do a Steve Ford Signature model they'd take the base price and then discount it by 65% and throw in a handfull of guitar picks and hope for the best.

Edited by SteveFord

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Where do they come up with these figures?  Maybe they have a little Wheel Of Fortune desktop spinner, starts at $4999 and ends at $9999.

And... and... and... $9799 it is!!!

I suppose it's all in how popular an artist is.  If they were to do a Steve Ford Signature model they'd take the base price and then discount it by 65% and throw in a handfull of guitar picks and hope for the best.

Should be roughly $9799 USD. I already put a down payment on it in CAD (roughly $12,600)

Edited by Hype

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Hold out for the Steve Ford Signature Model, probably get it for $499 with a hardshell case.

All kidding aside, let us know how it is when it shows, please.

Won’t be til earliest end of Aug/early Sept

Wait a minute, there's something worth less than my Signature Model?

Are you sure about that one?

I'm told the marketing campaign is slated to be When Les Is Less: A New Low In Collectibles.  I should probably be offended but they haven't asked for the prototype back. 

Yet.

Edited by SteveFord

3 hours ago, powerwagonjohn said:

Will the Murphy Lab, break the neck and re-glue the headstock back on?   Imagine how much my 1969 SG Std. is worth! Even less than the Steve Ford model.  I will have to stick with my ES345 in walnut.

Thanks John

No. It won’t be done by the Murphy Lab….They’ll send the guitar to Liam. He’ll break it properly like he did Noel’s..

On 7/26/2022 at 6:31 PM, Willsjazz said:

I like Noel. I hate stereo variotones.

If you like Noel, then you might be interested to know “word on the street” is that Epiphone will be doing a repro on Noel’s Epiphone Matsumoku Riviera (one seen in the “Morning Glory”, “Champagne Supernova” & “Don’t Look Back In Anger” vids)….MSRP apparently $1219 CAD so approx $950 USD…

15 hours ago, Hype said:

No. It won’t be done by the Murphy Lab….They’ll send the guitar to Liam. He’ll break it properly like he did Noel’s..

Liam will get the job done being an arrogant pompous p-rick while doing it. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I hope you know I was just joking Hype.  If you want a ES-355 TDSV you should go for it. As I said I have a 2009 ES-345 and I really like the guitar. I sometimes use the stereo with two of my amps and I use the Varatone quite often, esp. in my buddie's studio. I call it my analogue modeling guitar. Several great players made very good use of these features.

I sold my Les Paul when I got my dream guitar, a Gibson Johnny A Signature. We only go around once in life.

Thanks john

6 hours ago, powerwagonjohn said:

I hope you know I was just joking Hype.  If you want a ES-355 TDSV you should go for it. As I said I have a 2009 ES-345 and I really like the guitar. I sometimes use the stereo with two of my amps and I use the Varatone quite often, esp. in my buddie's studio. I call it my analogue modeling guitar. Several great players made very good use of these features.

I sold my Les Paul when I got my dream guitar, a Gibson Johnny A Signature. We only go around once in life.

Thanks john

I have a 2011 Antique Ebony VOS with Bigsby ES-355….But I want a red 355 similar to Marr, Butler and Gallagher’s….So I’m gonna get it.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 5:01 AM, Hype said:

Anyone looking forward to this release in Aug 2022? Not necessary because of Noel Gallagher, but when was the last time Gibson produced an ES-355 TDSV? Probably back in late ‘90’s think ‘97…

Yes......missed out on the J-150 last year as I was too slow off the mark, so really looking forward to this one.

I found the link below and wrote asking if they had already had it up for sale or just prepared for the release. They replied that "unfortunately this product is out of stock, we will not receive more units of this product in the future." Seems like some collectors have already "preordered" or made deals with dealers.

https://www.musicstore.com/en_LT/EUR/Gibson-Noel-Gallagher-1960-ES-355-Sixties-Cherry-Murphy-Lab/art-GIT0058881-000

Cheers,

Andreas