Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher - ES-355 TDSV

Hype

On 8/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

guys should have sat down with The Kinks and asked them how it really is having your brother in the band. Ray and Dave would have told you its not a good idea.

Noel and his brother Liam as 'Oasis' sold over 70 million records worldwide. Countless number ones, record breaking attendance records - a literal once in a generation band and talent. Noel's upbringing and story is truly one of the most inspirational of any musician you are likely to come across. Utterly remarkable. The guy dragged himself and his little brother out of the gutter of violence and despair in Manchester against all odds to the top of the charts and did it with his dignity intact. Most bands and musicians would kill for even a portion of the success Oasis had. Yes they were a divisive group and they are not to everyone's taste. You have every right to think McCartney, Dylan or Paul Simon's work from 1993 to date is better than Noel Gallagher's but I don't. In the grand scheme of things, and quite frankly by any measurable objective metric, plainly it was not a bad idea at all for the brothers to be in that band together. Together at their best they met every goal a popular band could conceivably set and then some. I would agree that how it ended was sad and maybe Ray and Dave could've gave them some tips to avoid that. There is still time and maybe the brothers can become friendly again somewhere down the road, who knows...

Edited by cfb

2 hours ago, cfb said:

Congratulations man, cherish it! Jaw dropping! The cherry ES355 may just be the most perfect looking guitar ever built! What an instrument - hope it brings you many years of enjoyment buddy! 

Thanks man. Plays like butter..Hoping those who are fans of this style 355 (with the Varitone) will have the opportunity one day to get one…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cfb said:

Noel and his brother Liam as 'Oasis' sold over 70 million records worldwide. Countless number ones, record breaking attendance records - a literal once in a generation band and talent. Noel's upbringing and story is truly one of the most inspirational of any musician you are likely to come across. Utterly remarkable. The guy dragged himself and his little brother out of the gutter of violence and despair in Manchester against all odds to the top of the charts and did it with his dignity intact. Most bands and musicians would kill for even a portion of the success Oasis had. Yes they were a divisive group and they are not to everyone's taste. You have every right to think McCartney, Dylan or Paul Simon's work from 1993 to date is better than Noel Gallagher's but I don't. In the grand scheme of things, and quite frankly by any measurable objective metric, plainly it was not a bad idea at all for the brothers to be in that band together. Together at their best they met every goal a popular band could conceivably set and then some. I would agree that how it ended was sad and maybe Ray and Dave could've gave them some tips to avoid that. There is still time and maybe the brothers can become friendly again somewhere down the road, who knows...

I’ve seen docs on them, and I know their story, I just don’t gush over their music. Taylor Swift has sold a lot of albums too, so is she all that and a bag of chips? Noel hates his fukin arse hole brother. It’s common knowledge. I’m sure Liam is the big pompous t-urd we all hear about. 
I don’t care or know how many albums The Beatles and Zappa sold, I base who I listen to on their music, not albums sales or guitar sig models.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So how much was it really?

MSRP (in CAD) $12,600. So I’m guessing $9,999 USD like you originally guessed. I originally guessed $9,799 cos of the CAD exchange rate. But now with the rumors it makes sense to just mark it up to an even number $9,999 (essentially $10K) USD…

10 hours ago, Dhm said:

US$9999 + tax

Ok quick question/s. How many bought because of the model it is? How many bought because of Noel/Oasis? How many bought to flip? How many bought because you collect? How many will gig it? How many will make it a case Queen and play it rarely ever? How many will play it and use it like any other guitar you own?

57 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ok quick question/s. How many bought because of the model it is? How many bought because of Noel/Oasis? How many bought to flip? How many bought because you collect? How many will gig it? How many will make it a case Queen and play it rarely ever? How many will play it and use it like any other guitar you own?

I can say with certainty that I have the COA there are 200 pieces made. So, you’ll have to track down the 200 people throughout the world and ask them….If I were to guess, I’d say half to keep (whether it’d be in the closet, behind glass, or to play) and the other half to flip. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So how much was it really?

Sgt Pepper. If you are interested I know Alto Guitar Music has it listed (will be made available Aug 30, if someone did not already claim it):

https://www.altomusic.com/gibson-limited-edition-noel-gallagher-es-335-semi-hollow-electric-guitar-60es355ngasscbg1#child_index=1611

Here’s their Instagram Post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChnLGMxuBlI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Hype
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hype said:

I can say with certainty that I have the COA there are 200 pieces made. So, you’ll have to track down the 200 people throughout the world and ask them….If I were to guess, I’d say half to keep (whether it’d be in the closet, behind glass, or to play) and the other half to flip. 

I am only asking the guys who are on this forum who got one. 

3 minutes ago, Hype said:

Sgt Pepper. If you are interested I know Alto Guitar Music has it listed (will be made available Aug 30, if someone did not already claim it):

https://www.altomusic.com/gibson-limited-edition-noel-gallagher-es-335-semi-hollow-electric-guitar-60es355ngasscbg1#child_index=1611

I just put it in my cart, and then took it out. So someone can buy it. It says product is currently on order to manufacturer.

I bought it because I am a bit oasis/noel gallagher fan and I have never owned a hollow body. I generally play a les Paul custom and a fender jazz master. It worked out that it was a hollow body and a signature guitar from one of my favorite guitarist. I don’t gig so I won’t be gigging with it but I will play it and don’t plan to flip it. 

12 minutes ago, Dhm said:

I bought it because I am a bit oasis/noel gallagher fan and I have never owned a hollow body. I generally play a les Paul custom and a fender jazz master. It worked out that it was a hollow body and a signature guitar from one of my favorite guitarist. I don’t gig so I won’t be gigging with it but I will play it and don’t plan to flip it. 

I thought a ES-355 is a semi-hollow. I owned 2009 BB King. 

So with a guitar that expensive, were any of you getting it no matter what it cost, did you have to save for it, are you richer than Bill Gates and can buy anything you want. I really what to know other than being a fan, how do YOU not ME justify/rationalize a 10k guitar? If I told my wife I'm using what is in our bank account to buy a 10k guitar, instead of making about 9 house payments and buying food and paying bill, the look and the lecture I would get would still be going on.

Sorry yeah semi-hollow. I was planning to get the Murphy labs trini Lopez but then this came out. Disposable income. I’m not married and don’t have dependents. You don’t need to be bill gates to afford it. 

2 hours ago, Dhm said:

Sorry yeah semi-hollow. I was planning to get the Murphy labs trini Lopez but then this came out. Disposable income. I’m not married and don’t have dependents. You don’t need to be bill gates to afford it. 

No, but it helps.