Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher - ES-355 TDSV

Hype

6 hours ago, Andreas Kaj said:

I found the link below and wrote asking if they had already had it up for sale or just prepared for the release. They replied that "unfortunately this product is out of stock, we will not receive more units of this product in the future." Seems like some collectors have already "preordered" or made deals with dealers.

https://www.musicstore.com/en_LT/EUR/Gibson-Noel-Gallagher-1960-ES-355-Sixties-Cherry-Murphy-Lab/art-GIT0058881-000

Cheers,

Andreas

Yeah some countries are only getting a limited number. North of the border only 2 will be shipped..

3 hours ago, AldoMcD1 said:

Was told that only 10 units are being shipped to the UK. 

Some real shady dealings going on with that. Think Rishi Sunak and the rest of the lads all got in on those 10. Guitar isn't even to be released until end of August, no mention anywhere on these retailers websites of a pre-order or pre-sales. Nada. I contact Andertons ask about the guitar a month ago - response is, 'oh the one we are getting in is already pre-ordered, we can put you on the wait list which is pretty long though!' Yippee! Same with Guitar Guitar, GAK etc. **** show of a release. Bring on the mass wine red Epi Riviera and keep it moving N.G. Also preferably a reissue of the sunburst Sheraton from Knebworth somewhere down the line. 

2 hours ago, cfb said:

Some real shady dealings going on with that. Think Rishi Sunak and the rest of the lads all got in on those 10. Guitar isn't even to be released until end of August, no mention anywhere on these retailers websites of a pre-order or pre-sales. Nada. I contact Andertons ask about the guitar a month ago - response is, 'oh the one we are getting in is already pre-ordered, we can put you on the wait list which is pretty long though!' Yippee! Same with Guitar Guitar, GAK etc. **** show of a release. Bring on the mass wine red Epi Riviera and keep it moving N.G. Also preferably a reissue of the sunburst Sheraton from Knebworth somewhere down the line. 

Lots of folks has $10K to spend on the guitar it seems….Or they got on the financing program..LMFAO. I got my on order, basically first come first serve….You have to be on the ball on these things. Also preferred customers normally get first dibs..

19 hours ago, cfb said:

Nothing Gibson has ever done has been shady, oh wait most of the stuff they do is shady. If they didn't get your 10k for that (cause you were not quick enough on the draw) there are 200 other WILLING buyers that will drop that cash because of a name on a headstock, and bragging rights.

Anyone who gets one gonna gig it? I seriously doubt it.

Don't even point at it:

18 hours ago, cfb said:

Unfortunately this ES-355 release is limited to just 200 units globally and only a small number of these will make it overseas with the bulk of them remaining in the USA. Exact same thing happened last year with the signature J-150. 

The ES-355 and Riviera were first teased back in January on social media, so a lot of people got wind of them at that point and got in early (long before the video teaser in May).
Like @Hype mentioned, you really have to get in early and be quick off the mark on these. I was too slow last year with the J-150 and ultimately missed out.

My experience is that it's normally first come first served and the individual retailers get back in contact with everyone who has enquired in the order which they received the enquiries should they actually be in a position to supply. The demand for these was huge and most authorised Gibson dealers in the UK are only getting 1 or 2 of these coming through as they are super limited. 

Sorry its not better news, but the limited edition signature models tend to sell out before they are even released or officially made public knowledge and unfortunately the number of customers usually always outweighs the quantity being built. 

Most likely all will now be pre-sold, however I can only suggest that you get in contact with all retailers you can think off (UK & Europe) and register your interest.
Could be that a store has one which they have not yet taken an order on or alternatively maybe they get an additional stock allocation /  original buyer pulls out etc.

At 9.7k a pop these guitars are for the uber Noel fans with cash, and collectors with cash. Its not for the minimum wage Noel fan or the Noel fan on the Dole, or for the working man guitarist. Gibson hasn't been for a long long time. He's an English guitarist/singer/songwriter and the UK may get 5 total. Wow what a slap in the face UK.

They only made a bit south if $400,000 on the Cat Steven's guitar. But then they only made 50. 

At $9799 for the guitar, and only 200 made (and all are spoken for) that's 40k short of 2 million in Gibson's pocket, and you guys did that. Give yourselves and hand !

What sig models that we don't know about are on the way to clear more of Gibson's debt?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, jvi said:

Gibson sells to people with money, sometimes folks with lots of money.  Its ok.

The downside for Gibson though is Fender is so much more popular with the young crowd because of this. Lots of young guitarists and bands using Fenders more especially the offset type guitars (i.e JazzMasters, Jags, Duo Sonics etc)

3 hours ago, jvi said:

Gibson sells to people with money, sometimes folks with lots of money.  Its ok.

I would think an ultra liberal ex-dope smoking (or current dope smoking) hippy would be against corporate greed.  I guess not.

You make no sense. You b-itch at many of us (mostly me) who say things or stuff you don't agree with, but a big uber rich guitar company who has done illegal business practices you support. And use their products. I guess you support China too?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I would think an ultra liberal ex-dope smoking (or current dope smoking) hippy would be against corporate greed.  I guess not.

You make no sense. You b-itch at many of us (mostly me) who say things or stuff you don't agree with, but a big uber rich guitar company who has done illegal business practices you support. And use their products. I guess you support China too?

I dig "hippies" but I aint one, your assumptions ,like most of your pointless posts are ....pointless.

On 8/5/2022 at 11:55 AM, SteveFord said:

Maybe they could do a MUCH cheaper run of Gibsons where the signature artist doesn't drag it around his house by the neck or whatever it is he's planning on doing.

If your brother is named Liam, do not let him near your guitars.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:12 AM, merciful-evans said:

Wasn't NG best known for Epiphones? 

Surely Qingdao could run off a bunch of Sheratons for broke (financially challenged) Noel fans.

Never cared for or followed Oasis, so I am clueless to his choice of axes, other than the two sig models he has from Gibson.

I did watch a doc about Oasis and another about Noel where he was talking to a woman about his songs. 

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Never cared for or followed Oasis, so I am clueless to his choice of axes, other than the two sig models he has from Gibson.

I did watch a doc about Oasis and another about Noel where he was talking to a woman about his songs. 

Me neither. But we (Blown Out) used to share gigs with a band called The Bladderheads, who modelled themselves on Oasis. The singer tried to sound like Liam and the guitarist had a Union Jack Epi. 

The two singers from each band got into a near fight over a woman once. It made me a bit twitchy at the time.

2 hours ago, IanHenry said:

So, what's so special about this guitar? 

Forget about Noel Gallagher’s name for a sec, when was the last time Gibson produced an ES-355 TDSV? Possibly 1997? That’s why it’s special.

Edited by Hype

3 hours ago, IanHenry said:

So, what's so special about this guitar? 

Gibson makes it that's why. Reason #1

Noel's name it on it, and he was in this rock band that changed the world called Oasis, reason #2.

They haven't made it since 1997 (man that was so long ago, that's when Grunge was almost still a thing). Reason #3.

Its going to be $9799 (prices may vary outside the USA). Reason #4

Only 200 will be made, and all are spoken for, (so most of us can't have one). Reason #5

Liam, Noel's brother broke it before a concert, and now its the stuff of legend. Reason #6

If you got Reason #7 chime in and help a brother out.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 8/5/2022 at 6:12 AM, merciful-evans said:

Wasn't NG best known for Epiphones? 

Surely Qingdao could run off a bunch of Sheratons for broke (financially challenged) Noel fans.

they did that and noel wasn't happy with the supernova. never went back to epiphones, and there's way more money in gibsons than a wide-scale epi release. 

On 8/3/2022 at 3:39 PM, AldoMcD1 said:

Unfortunately this ES-355 release is limited to just 200 units globally and only a small number of these will make it overseas with the bulk of them remaining in the USA. Exact same thing happened last year with the signature J-150. 

The ES-355 and Riviera were first teased back in January on social media, so a lot of people got wind of them at that point and got in early (long before the video teaser in May).
Like @Hype mentioned, you really have to get in early and be quick off the mark on these. I was too slow last year with the J-150 and ultimately missed out.

My experience is that it's normally first come first served and the individual retailers get back in contact with everyone who has enquired in the order which they received the enquiries should they actually be in a position to supply. The demand for these was huge and most authorised Gibson dealers in the UK are only getting 1 or 2 of these coming through as they are super limited. 

Sorry its not better news, but the limited edition signature models tend to sell out before they are even released or officially made public knowledge and unfortunately the number of customers usually always outweighs the quantity being built. 

Most likely all will now be pre-sold, however I can only suggest that you get in contact with all retailers you can think off (UK & Europe) and register your interest.
Could be that a store has one which they have not yet taken an order on or alternatively maybe they get an additional stock allocation /  original buyer pulls out etc.

with runs this small i imagine that there are enough music store employees to fill in the gaps between hedge fund investors. either way, the general public's chances are slim. it's naive to think someone's going to put a $10k guitar into the hands of a young upstart in the hopes that he'll bring back the guitar music of his idol Noel Thomas David Gallagher. 

Supernovas can be had for under $1500. we'll see if they do a reissue of the riviera. I had an '82 for a little while (the wine burst that Bonehead plays) and it was alright. Played like any $600 matsumoku sheraton and I sold it to another oasis guy. I've got a '97 sheraton I bought because it looked like Noel's at Knebworth that's miles above the 80s riviera, in my value-less opinion. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 1:19 PM, cunningham26 said:

with runs this small i imagine that there are enough music store employees to fill in the gaps between hedge fund investors. either way, the general public's chances are slim. it's naive to think someone's going to put a $10k guitar into the hands of a young upstart in the hopes that he'll bring back the guitar music of his idol Noel Thomas David Gallagher. 

Supernovas can be had for under $1500. we'll see if they do a reissue of the riviera. I had an '82 for a little while (the wine burst that Bonehead plays) and it was alright. Played like any $600 matsumoku sheraton and I sold it to another oasis guy. I've got a '97 sheraton I bought because it looked like Noel's at Knebworth that's miles above the 80s riviera, in my value-less opinion. 

Supernovas came out in the late ‘90s and we’re affordable. But let’s be honest, Noel never played “Supernovas”. He didn’t care for them, it was just to put his name on a crappy Epiphone product. As for Epiphone  releasing a NG Wine Red Riviera, that is coming out on Sept 20 and is already in my local guitar shop’s system. They retail for $1219 here in CAD, so in America it’ll be around $800-$900 (definitely less than $1000). 

Edited by Hype

1 hour ago, Hype said:

Supernovas came out in the late ‘90s and we’re affordable. But let’s be honest, Noel never played “Supernovas”. He didn’t care for them, it was just to put his name on a crappy Epiphone product. As for Epiphone  releasing a NG Wine Red Riviera, that is coming out on Sept 20 and is already in my local guitar shop’s system. They retail for $1219 here in CAD, so in America it’ll be around $800-$900 (definitely less than $1000). 

I know less than nothing about Epi's except that they make outside the US and sometimes rarely Gibson does a USA Epi run of something. What is different between the standard Riviera and the NG ones. And what is this Supernova Epi? Was it just a cash grab with Noel's name one it. I have seen the one with the Union Jack on it and it looked cool, but to me its a guitar make in China or Korea or Indo.