Gibson Brands Forums

Noel Gallagher - ES-355 TDSV

Hype

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So with a guitar that expensive, were any of you getting it no matter what it cost, did you have to save for it, are you richer than Bill Gates and can buy anything you want. I really what to know other than being a fan, how do YOU not ME justify/rationalize a 10k guitar? If I told my wife I'm using what is in our bank account to buy a 10k guitar, instead of making about 9 house payments and buying food and paying bill, the look and the lecture I would get would still be going on.

For me I wanted an original ES-355 TDSV, but each time I tried to acquire one, it was already sold, or they wouldn’t ship to my country. The last time I tried was earlier this year. One of the last 355TDSVs made in ‘97 was put in my local Kijiji classifieds. I recognized the guitar as it was sold to the seller from Willie’s Guitars (there’s a YouTube vid of the very guitar I inquired about to purchase). Unfortunately, the seller sold it already. So I was **** out of luck. I knew there would be a Noel Gallagher version of this very same style guitar, so I got it. I only wish it had the long guard as opposed to the short guard. I know Noel’s long guard 355 was the one that Liam destroyed, then some buyer fixed it and it went up for auction for some high price tag.

The neck I would say is slim tapered (kinda like close to blade). I guess this would be a “C” shape profile?

Checkers

Edited by Hype
  • Like 2

Bought one because I'm a big Oasis fan, liked the specification and that one of the authorised UK dealers was able to supply.
Made loads of initial enquiries, but did not realistically expect to be able to get one based on my experience last year with the J-150.

I know a lot of people are not keen on Oasis or their music, but I like them and have been following them since December 94'.

Have a few guitars which get regularly rotated - intention here is to play this one and treat it no differently. Unless my personal circumstances change, I will be keeping this for many years to come.

I do however unfortunately expect to see a number of these being listed on Reverb over the coming weeks at inflated prices.
Oasis still remain hugley popular (at least in the UK), so it will be interesting to see what happens in the resale market.

1 hour ago, AldoMcD1 said:

Bought one because I'm a big Oasis fan, liked the specification and that one of the authorised UK dealers was able to supply.
Made loads of initial enquiries, but did not realistically expect to be able to get one based on my experience last year with the J-150.

I know a lot of people are not keen on Oasis or their music, but I like them and have been following them since December 94'.

Have a few guitars which get regularly rotated - intention here is to play this one and treat it no differently. Unless my personal circumstances change, I will be keeping this for many years to come.

I do however unfortunately expect to see a number of these being listed on Reverb over the coming weeks at inflated prices.
Oasis still remain hugley popular (at least in the UK), so it will be interesting to see what happens in the resale market.

Only a few more days and you’ll know for sure what your intentions are…Most important thing is it arrives safely and mint..

7 hours ago, Hype said:

For me I wanted an original ES-355 TDSV, but each time I tried to acquire one, it was already sold, or they wouldn’t ship to my country. The last time I tried was earlier this year. One of the last 355TDSVs made in ‘97 was put in my local Kijiji classifieds. I recognized the guitar as it was sold to the seller from Willie’s Guitars (there’s a YouTube vid of the very guitar I inquired about to purchase). Unfortunately, the seller sold it already. So I was **** out of luck. I knew there would be a Noel Gallagher version of this very same style guitar, so I got it. I only wish it had the long guard as opposed to the short guard. I know Noel’s long guard 355 was the one that Liam destroyed, then some buyer fixed it and it went up for auction for some high price tag.

The neck I would say is slim tapered (kinda like close to blade). I guess this would be a “C” shape profile?

Checkers

is the black one memphis made?  what's the difference they sound and play?

55 minutes ago, Bigjb said:

is the black one memphis made?  what's the difference they sound and play?

The Black one is a 2011 Custom Shop VOS ES-355. So most likely built at the Memphis factory.

The NG 355 is relic’d (Murphy Lab), so it allows for faster playing easily and it sounds brighter acoustically. Also it has a Varitone switch so more tones to choose from. The neck is slim tapered.

My black 355 feels newer. It is a bit warmer in sound in comparison to the NG 355.  No varitone. And the neck is a tad bit chunkier in comparison to the NG 355. Make no mistake it is a beautiful 355. 

I love them both and they both do sound different in tone..

3 hours ago, Hype said:

The Black one is a 2011 Custom Shop VOS ES-355. So most likely built at the Memphis factory.

The NG 355 is relic’d (Murphy Lab), so it allows for faster playing easily and it sounds brighter acoustically. Also it has a Varitone switch so more tones to choose from. The neck is slim tapered.

My black 355 feels newer. It is a bit warmer in sound in comparison to the NG 355.  No varitone. And the neck is a tad bit chunkier in comparison to the NG 355. Make no mistake it is a beautiful 355. 

I love them both and they both do sound different in tone..

thanks, I have a memphis 355 with long pickguard, and I always want a 355 short pickguard, would you selling the short one or can we make a exchange

7 hours ago, Bigjb said:

thanks, I have a memphis 355 with long pickguard, and I always want a 355 short pickguard, would you selling the short one or can we make a exchange

The cherry red is the NG ES-355 that will be released on Tuesday this week. I’m not willing to part with it as the MSRP is at $10K USD plus taxes. Perhaps $25K USD then I might change my mind.

20 minutes ago, Hype said:

The cherry red is the NG ES-355 that will be released on Tuesday this week. I’m not willing to part with it as the MSRP is at $10K USD plus taxes. Perhaps $25K USD then I might change my mind.

buying the pickguarding, i mean. or i can swap my long 355 pickguard with you

7 hours ago, Bigjb said:

Hi - my recommendation would be to purchase an aftermarket / reproduction pickguard and manually swap from the current long version to the short version.

As an example.....
Electric Guitar Pickguards | fox-guitars.com

14 hours ago, Hype said:

Anyone know if Gibson TV will air an interview with Noel? Mark Agnesi did fly into Abby Road Studios to meet Noel back in Jan 2022. Hopefully there was an interview that occurred. 

my main dealer said there  will be another noel es-355 video yesterday

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Trogly’s is priced the highest eh? I thought he would be the most reasonable….

There was a listing from Italy that was even more…

https://reverb.com/item/60070019-gibson-noel-gallagher-355?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=60070019

53 minutes ago, cunningham26 said:

at least they're giving us commoners a taste with the riviera lol

Did you order a Riviera? Sadly Canada won’t be getting shipments til mid-late Sept, at least that’s what they said regarding ETA. I guess I have a few weeks to wait..

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw the one in Italy for 20k. Wow that’s some really professional price gouging. There is a Noel J-150 for 9.7k. That’s about double the original price.

Just cos they ask, doesn’t mean they’ll get. But I do believe if they held onto them for another 5 years or so, they could get those prices. But who knows? By then Noel & Gibson could continue their partnership and it won’t command those prices? A Chris Cornell 335 goes for much higher (double) from what I remember. Perhaps triple.

31 minutes ago, Hype said:

Just cos they ask, doesn’t mean they’ll get. But I do believe if they held onto them for another 5 years or so, they could get those prices. But who knows? By then Noel & Gibson could continue their partnership and it won’t command those prices? A Chris Cornell 335 goes for much higher (double) from what I remember. Perhaps triple.

I know but for an extra 3k someone with deep pockets is going to snap up a 355 that didn't get one of the 200.

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know but for an extra 3k someone with deep pockets is going to snap up a 355 that didn't get one of the 200.

Yeah the 355 was marketed towards people willing to pay for it no matter the cost, or as you said had deep pockets. Even a ‘59 Murphy Lab 355 is going for close to $10K as well and those aren’t being snatched up at all. It’s 2 fold, Noel’s name and the style of 355 that was reissued. This is the TDSV 355 which a lot of people (myself included) were after..

15 minutes ago, Hype said:

Yeah the 355 was marketed towards people willing to pay for it no matter the cost, or as you said had deep pockets. Even a ‘59 Murphy Lab 355 is going for close to $10K as well and those aren’t being snatched up at all. It’s 2 fold, Noel’s name and the style of 355 that was reissued. This is the TDSV 355 which a lot of people (myself included) were after..

I traded my BB King for a Martin 000-28. I have no regrets about doing it, as my 000-28 is my fav of the 5 Martins, I currently own, but man if I held on to it, I could price gouge people too. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I traded my BB King for a Martin 000-28. I have no regrets about doing it, as my 000-28 is my fav of the 5 Martins, I currently own, but man if I held on to it, I could price gouge people too. 

Lucille’s aren’t really a rarity. Simply because Gibson produced an abundance of them. They were practically a staple in the Production line. Unless, perhaps you had a unique one off..

Sgt had a red one.  Looked a beaut.

How about the Epi Lucilles?  They look really good too....you can play the blues just as well on an Epi....

https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/EPIQM1648/Cherry

Also in ebony and bone white (300 only to UK/Europe)

https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/Electric-Guitar/EPIYXD963/Bone-White

Edited by jdgm