Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup Identification

Lexardt

Hey folks, I’d be incredibly grateful for any help identifying these pickups. I bought them used on eBay roughly two years ago - listed as 57 classics and 57 classic plus. Since the seller had entirely positive reviews I did not give it a second thought, especially since both were shipped in the original case, had brass screws (at least I read that it’s common feature) and the PAF sticker. 

Since I wanted to add a cover now and read that there’s only the 49.2 mm spacing, I blindly bought a set only to find out it does not fit. The pole spacing of my pickups is an unexpected 47.5mm… I should’ve done that right away  but I also measured the resistance and the neck pickup reads 8.2k and the bridge 8.9k …

Well I also  found out that you can buy decals of the PAF sticker … so I feel a bit  scammed  😞… yet I’m still curious what kind of pickups I bought. 

Someone with an idea what these might be?

(Oh and don’t mind the fresh solder … I did it while trying to install the covers)

thanks so much in advance! 

C8908A43-B4CE-47DD-9E35-D645BE372F7C.jpeg

B8ED65E8-A240-4B7B-89B4-EECF28842078.jpeg

A58D14D1-0FE0-48F3-BC31-9AAAAB920D89.jpeg

608EE9A5-7C98-4CA7-B5AA-7650EAF0D3B4.jpeg

Edited by Lexardt

I feel utterly stupid now … I used a cheap digital caliper which of course had an offset of roughly 1.5mm (facepalm) … so the pole spacing does seem right, though the cover is still wrong. 
Since I can’t delete the post and hide my shame - I’m still wondering why the ohm readings are so far off. I usually see people report readings around 7.x K for the classic and roughly 8 K for the classic plus. Is it common to have these differences of 0.5 - 1K?

• 2 weeks later...