Gibson Brands Forums

Tinnitus.

AXE®

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done plenty of damage over the years. Every now and again I would get some ear plugs but I just couldn't ware them through a set. Kinda feel off balance. Now that I'm not playing out anymore I'm amazed at how loud my amp is. It just never seemed that bad to me. I cranked it up for the first time in about a year a few months ago and DAMN!!! I really notice the loud ringing (and even pain now) at night trying to fall asleep. Thats just one more physical problem I have to deal with due to my own actions.

To the young guy's out there PROTECT YOUR EARS!!!

That's what I'm talking about, trying to sleep and the ringing is almost deafening (if that makes sense).

Even in a live setting I (we) don't have a real loud stage sound, just enough to cover the drums.

I was in constant arguments with sound guys about our volume. Sad thing is we turned down at shows compared to our rehearsal Volume. I will proudly claim UNLOADER as the loudest band in Denver.

EDIT that is as long as the ROK TOT's weren't together at any given time.

I have it bad... Constant ringing for the past several years.... It never goes away but I have learned to live with it and It doesn't keep me awake at night. So at least I can sleep well. At my work I wear ear plugs but I am constantly exposed to high volume pounding dance music every weekend. It seems to be getting worse but I don't know what else to do...

About 20 years ago I was sitting in my house one morning and thought I heard an engine or piece of equipment running off in the distance. I still hear it. But it doesn't disturb my sleep.

If someone is wadding up or just rustling paper, the noise it makes renders me effectively deaf to anything else. I don't know what that's about but it's not usually a problem as we don't wad up much paper very often.

Riding the scoot will provoke bouts of ringing unless I plug up before going out, which I rarely do. I seldom play guitar at high enough volume any more to cause any ear problems but, let's face it, at 60 the damage is done, whatever it is. I'm probably lucky I can hear anything OTHER than that damned engine. +:-@

That's what I'm talking about' date=' trying to sleep and the ringing is almost deafening (if that makes sense).

Even in a live setting I (we) don't have a real loud stage sound, just enough to cover the drums.[/quote']

Sometimes I can't sleep but not because of the ringing, but because I hear voices... lots of them... like being on a train station at rush hour...

Really

I am not kidding.

It is real.

My hearing is pretty much shot...two causes. When I went to concerts while living in Europe in the late 70s and early 80s (Saxon, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, ACDC, Sabbath, etc.) there were no assigned seats. Anyone could go into the pit. It was a free-for-all. I was pretty young so I would get pushed to the sides--right next to the stack of Marshalls. I couldn't hear after the concert and my ears would ring for days. Nobody knew any better.

The other cause was from cranking my Walkman to it highest volume as a kid.

Sometimes I can't sleep but not because of the ringing' date=' but because I hear voices... lots of them... like being on a train station at rush hour...

Really

I am not kidding.

It is real.[/quote']

Which by the way, is the perfect excuse for calling in to work.

"Say Boss, I can't come in, because the voices in my head told me to stay home and clean my guns today. I'll be good by tomorrow though. You can count on me! Thanks for understanding.

Which by the way' date=' is the perfect excuse for calling in to work.

"Say Boss, I can't come in, because the voices in my head told me to stay home and clean my guns today. I'll be good by tomorrow though. You can count on me! Thanks for understanding.

[/quote']

Actually they are so many that I have yet to figure what any one of them is saying...

+:-@

Archived