Gibson Brands Forums

ES335/ 12-string

Ardon Adamson

6 hours ago, Ardon Adamson said:

eThe 12-strings built between 1965 and 1970 all had a 1 9/16,  the ones built in 2012 and 2013 had a wider nut. Thus my purpose to purchase only one built in the reissue years. Thanks.

Good luck, hope ya got deep pockets.

8 minutes ago, Ardon Adamson said:

If a guitar is free, how much is it worth?

Let me ponder that? Nothing I guess till you try to sell it, and that is my final answer. 

Someone giving you one? You and lots of others come here asking about a specific model, made a certain number of years and think the members of the forum have one each to sell. If they were selling it, their stuff would probably be on a site that is specific to gears sales. 

There used to be a buy and sell section here, but its gone now. I posted the link to Reverb and if they don't have what you want, try ebay, Craigslist or go to a store and do the Made To Measure program and have one made to the specs you require.

You posted the same damn thing like 5 times.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Let me ponder that? Nothing I guess till you try to sell it, and that is my final answer. 

Someone giving you one? You and lots of others come here asking about a specific model, made a certain number of years and think the members of the forum have one each to sell. If they were selling it, their stuff would probably be on a site that is specific to gears sales. 

There used to be a buy and sell section here, but its gone now. I posted the link to Reverb and if they don't have what you want, try ebay, Craigslist or go to a store and do the Made To Measure program and have one made to the specs you require.

You posted the same damn thing like 5 times.

who are you to talk ?

13 minutes ago, jvi said:

who are you to talk ?

Hey, Kids In The Hall, I gave the guy a link (Rabs did too) to Reverb to help him out. He wants only a specific year with a specific nut size. Well if no one is selling one, I once again helped him out, and told him another option is to use Gibson's Made To Measure program, and have them build one for him to his specs. Which might be cheaper. He only posted this thread about 5 times in 2 different sections to get answers. 

So help the guy out buy selling him one, or get of my a-ss about it. I helped him out.

Hey I'm looking for one of those rare Ferarri's they only made 40 of,  you got one to sell me? Didn't think so.

Your a clown.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

38 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

What do you mean? :-s

He means he thinks I’m an a-sshole for my statements about the 335 - 12’er, when he gave absolutely no help to the guy at all. He just likes to piss in my direction when he sees my posts. JVC can go insert a large vibrating fake p-enis in his a-ss for all I care. Or real one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

46 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

He means he thinks I’m an a-sshole for my statements about the 335 - 12’er, when he gave absolutely no help to the guy at all. He just likes to piss in my direction when he sees my posts. JVC can go insert a large vibrating fake p-enis in his a-ss for all I care. Or real one.

I mean yur rude and most of yer posts are rude and no help and dismissive , I dont think your one  ( what you said ) you are one.

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

BAR THIS GUY !!!!

3 hours ago, jvi said:

BAR THIS GUY !!!!

Wow you actually spelled some words right in that sentence. Just a hint to help you out, when you see the red line under a word that you have typed, it usually means you spelled it wrong.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 5/30/2022 at 2:41 AM, jvi said:

who are you to talk ?

jvi,

Seriously, all personal associations set aside, post #6 does not warrant this response. I know you and Sgt don't gel but I don't believe anyone (like a new member) reading this could come to any other conclusion.

If you're not the character you're being accused of, then don't become that character.

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

jvi,

Seriously, all personal associations set aside, post #6 does not warrant this response. I know you and Sgt don't gel but I don't believe anyone (like a new member) reading this could come to any other conclusion.

If you're not the character you're being accused of, then don't become that character.

What about his  inserting fake penis  post ? Thats a tolerable response to my post ? I guess you think so as you have no comment to that.

8 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

jvi,

Merc response #6 was really tame. Like I said I gave the guy a link to Reverb and told him about Gibson's M2M program in one of his 6 threads he started about the same topic. JVC comes here, and looks for my posts, and wants to start stuff, and get abuse. And me being me, as the Kinks said "Give the people what they want".  He could put me on ignore and never see a post I make, but he doesn't want to. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Merc response #6 was really tame. Like I said I gave the guy a link to Reverb and told him about Gibson's M2M program in one of his 6 threads he started about the same topic. JVC comes here, and looks for my posts, and wants to start stuff, and get abuse. And me being me, as the Kinks said "Give the people what they want".  He could put me on ignore and never see a post I make, but he doesn't want to. 

hard to ignore when youve posted over 9000 times in 2 years in every topic and most BS

I have four Gretsch guitars in my collection and they are fantastic.

My first thought is why kill yourself (and your wallet) to find some crazy-rare 335?  Will it be the best sounding 12-string centerblock guitar ever made??  Not likely.

He could be a collector and hopes that he can make a profit when he sells....

Anyway, for a player I love the Gretsch G5422-12.  Fantastic sound, great neck, beautiful fit and finish and not expensive.  1.77" nut width.

Hollow Body :: G5422G-12 Electromatic® Classic Hollow Body Double-Cut 12-String with Gold Hardware, Laurel Fingerboard, Walnut Stain (gretschguitars.com)

Edited by Randy99CL