Gibson Brands Forums

Any thoughts on Lizzy Hale's new Explorerbird?

Ricochet Jack

29 minutes ago, Eracer_Team said:

Who's Lizzy Hale?

Guess that's what shows of my knowledge on the "artist" version 

(Yes I saw the Gibson email on it)

I just found a vid (her fave riffs). She spoke more than she riffed. That's now the sum of what I know about her.

All the signature models that Gibson have done. Its a crime this guy doesn't have a sig 345. If you don't own Sunburst Finish, well what are you waiting for? This song is off Axe Victim. But hey, lets give Slash about 5 more sig models.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

a couple of things I like to know about all signature models is...

1. How much does the artist get per guitar sold?    ...I'm sure it varies per artist and how bad Gibson wants the contract?

2. The difference in units sold between the Gibson and Epiphone versions?

2 hours ago, Ricochet Jack said:

a couple of things I like to know about all signature models is...

1. How much does the artist get per guitar sold?    ...I'm sure it varies per artist and how bad Gibson wants the contract?

2. The difference in units sold between the Gibson and Epiphone versions?

To answer your questions, #1 I've heard about 5%, but I could be wrong. #2 I don't think that info gets released.

Peter Frampton...  Dave Mustaine..  Tony Iommi...   Mike Ness...  Gene Simmons....  Jerry Cantrell...  Slash..  Joe Perry...   Ha ha...    Go ask any 16 year old kid if they know who any of these guys are..    With these endorsements, and the money these guitars costs, Gibson is definitely the guitar of choice for doctors and lawyers all around the world...  

5 hours ago, mrichard27 said:

Peter Frampton...  Dave Mustaine..  Tony Iommi...   Mike Ness...  Gene Simmons....  Jerry Cantrell...  Slash..  Joe Perry...   Ha ha...    Go ask any 16 year old kid if they know who any of these guys are..    With these endorsements, and the money these guitars costs, Gibson is definitely the guitar of choice for doctors and lawyers all around the world...  

I haven't gotten any music from anyone who's name you mentioned in ages. Last Frampton I got was the live one, last Sabbath was Never Say Die, I don't own any Social D, last Kiss maybe Dynasty, last AIC was Dirt, and last Aerosmith was Night In The Ruts. Gibson is in the business of making and selling guitars through a middle man. They don't care if you can afford them, or not. They know there are those that can, and will pay for the G word on the headstock.

I'm sure Gibson has lawyers in a secret underground dungeon, trying to figure out how they can get a cut of the profit when someone sells one of their guitars on the used market.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My thought are it's an Explorer body with a Firebird neck. If that's what Lzzy wants for your sig guitar, it looks like she got it. Its $800 more than a regular Explorer.

And $800 uglier 

39 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

At least its not blue.

Is she famous enough for two signature models? I suppose the first one did sell tho. 

And likeI said, haven't listened to them yet. Maybe they're my new favorite band. From the news, it seems like they put the work in. I like that. 

3 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Is she famous enough for two signature models? I suppose the first one did sell tho. 

And likeI said, haven't listened to them yet. Maybe they're my new favorite band. From the news, it seems like they put the work in. I like that. 

That is right she has a creamish or white regular Explorer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That is right she has a creamish or white regular Explorer.

That looked a little better. Except I didn't care for the gold hardware. 

I wasn't consulted during development for some strange reason. 

I could probably make them a bit of money. I would have nixed the Modern V and gotten today's Standards into production years earlier. I have an idea or two that would definitely sell. 

They'd have to pay me, but not very much. 

It might actually be a good idea for them. 

Edited by Pinch