Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Prices

Gurban1

It is just silly to just ask about this in point to Gibson guitars.

EVERYTHING increases in price,,

Lets get real here..

My son paid $2k for a telecaster,  -- a slab of wood with 2 pickups and a bolt on neck.

(it is a nice guitar tho.)

Edited by kidblast

3 hours ago, kidblast said:

It is just silly to just ask about this in point to Gibson guitars.

EVERYTHING increases in price,,

Lets get real here..

My son paid $2k for a telecaster,  -- a slab of wood with 2 pickups and a bolt on neck.

(it is a nice guitar tho.)

A Tele is a slab of wood with 2 pickups that Leo got it right the first time, along with the Strat, P and J Basses and his Amps. Everyone of us has heard those pieces of gear on countless recordings. 

Yeah, hot dogs are like $7 a pack. Hot Dogs!

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

A Tele is a slab of wood with 2 pickups that Leo got it right the first time, along with the Strat, P and J Basses and his Amps. Everyone of us has heard those pieces of gear on countless recordings. 

Yeah, hot dogs are like $7 a pack. Hot Dogs!

well with Bumbles  at the helm,  who knows where this madness with inflation ends. 

I love telecasters  I just find it kind of peculiar that every gripes about Gibson's prices  no one complains or seems to complain, about Fenders, which are getting close to the same costs or PRS which,, -- never mind,, lets not go there.

Edited by kidblast

In Ontario Canada our gas price just went to $2.10_9 per liter (times that by 3.67 to get US gallon)

The company that makes custom size boxes for my company can't deliver for more than 8wks (used to be 5 day delivery) citing pandemic slow down .

That's just one portion that contributes to what prices are.

Yes , prices are going up every few months

21 minutes ago, kidblast said:

well with Bumbles  at the helm,  who knows where this madness with inflation ends. 

I love telecasters  I just find it kind of peculiar that every gripes about Gibson's prices  no one complains or seems to complain, about Fenders, which are getting close to the same costs or PRS which,, -- never mind,, lets not go there.

Martins are ‘spensive too. I try to but most stuff used, and that’s gone loony tunes as well. 

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Martins are ‘spensive too. I try to but most stuff used, and that’s gone loony tunes as well. 

I've only bought very sparse amount that were used.   It is a great way to cut the costs if you can be patient and know when to walk away.

Not to open the can of worms here but “Bumbles” here in the US has nothing to do with inflation or anything else related to money directly. When we get into spending we have a legislative branch that gets into controlling the govt spending and the fed that makes the money, who buys govt debt etc. executive branch has influence at best but today the WHOLE world is a mess. The economy is not determined by ONE person who is “at the helm”. Sorry, but blame inflation and other issues on something else. I’m not an advocate for the leaders of today as they have no problems ponying up more cash for $6/gal gas and increases at the grocery, but we just live in covid times where the whole world is being burned at the stake. Buying a guitar today is the furthest from my mind. I’m trying to get used to the more-than-double gas prices and food costs. Can’t find people to do quality work for higher prices… I can literally think of EVERYTHING I’ve tried to resolve from buying a phone to getting my car fixed where I’m just so disappointed I get depressed how bad people are today. It’s like a world ran by children who don’t understand things like responsibility and ethics. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Eracer_Team said:

In Ontario Canada our gas price just went to $2.10_9 per liter (times that by 3.67 to get US gallon)

The company that makes custom size boxes for my company can't deliver for more than 8wks (used to be 5 day delivery) citing pandemic slow down .

That's just one portion that contributes to what prices are.

Yes , prices are going up every few months

That's Motorway robbery.

5 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Not to open the can of worms here but “Bumbles” here in the US has nothing to do with inflation or anything else related to money directly. When we get into spending we have a legislative branch that gets into controlling the govt spending and the fed that makes the money, who buys govt debt etc. executive branch has influence at best but today the WHOLE world is a mess. The economy is not determined by ONE person who is “at the helm”. Sorry, but blame inflation and other issues on something else. I’m not an advocate for the leaders of today as they have no problems ponying up more cash for $6/gal gas and increases at the grocery, but we just live in covid times where the whole world is being burned at the stake. Buying a guitar today is the furthest from my mind. I’m trying to get used to the more-than-double gas prices and food costs. Can’t find people to do quality work for higher prices… I can literally think of EVERYTHING I’ve tried to resolve from buying a phone to getting my car fixed where I’m just so disappointed I get depressed how bad people are today. It’s like a world ran by children who don’t understand things like responsibility and ethics. 

It's all Covids fault, but now we got Monkeypox to be our next scapegoat. We can't blame Joe all he does is sleep.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It's all Covids fault, but now we got Monkeypox to be our next scapegoat. We can't blame Joe all he does is sleep.

Monkeypox will be interesting. They're talking about trotting out a vaccine sometime soon. 

I'm lucky.  When they had the CME Gibson Memphis Warehouse Blowout sale about 5 years ago now, I saw my retirement coming up and decided to go overboard on that sale along with a few other purchases to complete not only my Gibson bucket list, but other guitars too.  I bought to the point that there was no need for me ever to buy another one again.  Now I'm more than happy I did.  Seemed a bit crazy at the time.

I feel lucky to have gotten my Les Paul Standard 50's just under the wire. A couple weeks after my purchase it went up $200 here in Canada. With taxes it puts the guitar just over 4k CA. I do love it though. The quality of it is on par with my custom shop strat and tele. 

13 minutes ago, golfnut said:

I feel lucky to have gotten my Les Paul Standard 50's just under the wire. A couple weeks after my purchase it went up $200 here in Canada. With taxes it puts the guitar just over 4k CA. I do love it though. The quality of it is on par with my custom shop strat and tele. 

4k Canadian you lucky dog.

The Les Paul Standard looks like they had a list price of $2500 in 2019 to $2800 here in mid-June 2022.

Their Legacy section stops at 2019 and they took off the prices so you can't easily see how things have jumped around over the years.

Edited by SteveFord

On 6/5/2022 at 2:35 AM, Wmachine said:

I'm lucky.  When they had the CME Gibson Memphis Warehouse Blowout sale about 5 years ago now, I saw my retirement coming up and decided to go overboard on that sale along with a few other purchases to complete not only my Gibson bucket list, but other guitars too.  I bought to the point that there was no need for me ever to buy another one again.  Now I'm more than happy I did.  Seemed a bit crazy at the time.

What a statement to make on a guitar forum.    So now.......

Pics.   We need pics.

Desperately.  Quickly. 

Must.......have........pics.....🎸

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jdgm said:

What a statement to make on a guitar forum.    So now.......

Pics.   We need pics.

Desperately.  Quickly. 

Must.......have........pics.....🎸

Here's 3 of them.  All 2016s from CME

Gibson '64 ES345 Reissue, one of 60.

AM-JKLULwEKHYS0zfMw5B2LmYOdT8ynJVBH3HhRq

Gibson BB King Lucille

AM-JKLWPbegSKScRf7JKBVqOtlsuGTCrZiPBV9sd

Gibson ES335 Premiere Figured Faded Light Burst.  One of 200.

AM-JKLVnY1zHnM8XOnSYZakLyuod63x0n7_f-qbC

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Now THAT'S a shopping spree.

It would be tough to pick a favorite, they're all really nice.

You had your run, and we all lived through you while you were doing it. We all shed a tear as well when you opened an empty box in the middle of the street. Hey that one red guitar looks like one I had.

The ZFT releases one song of the new Erie set, Montana. I listened to it the other day on YT. It was on a lap top so I hope the real set is gonna have better fidelity, cause it was not great sound quality. The solo was killer. If I get a horse I'm gonna name him Mighty Little, and would be a good horse. I would let the horse identify as another animal if he needed to.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper