Gibson Brands Forums

Is my epiphone fake

Hafid

That's a real bad fake.

Ignoring parts that can be replaced, like the counterfeit Grover tuners (which do not replace a Kluson-style, since there are no extra holes), incorrect pickguard with comically oversized logo, and unusual pickup covers, the body and headstock shapes are both wrong. It also looks like the pickup route includes the entire dogear shape, with the covers being mounted inside the body.

Edited by pohatu771

21 hours ago, pohatu771 said:

That's a real bad fake.

Ignoring parts that can be replaced, like the counterfeit Grover tuners (which do not replace a Kluson-style, since there are no extra holes), incorrect pickguard with comically oversized logo, and unusual pickup covers, the body and headstock shapes are both wrong. It also looks like the pickup route includes the entire dogear shape, with the covers being mounted inside the body.

So the Chinese are faking $600 Chinese guitars, and charging what, $400? That's comical. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

Nope!

I w/Sarge

not even clicking the link,, with all the scams and phihsing crap going on right now,  not even worth my time.

I got 100 bucks solid that's a safe bet that no one (China or otherwise) is counterfeiting models of new Epiphones.

Edited by kidblast

8 hours ago, kidblast said:

Nope!

I w/Sarge

not even clicking the link,, with all the scams and phihsing crap going on right now,  not even worth my time.

I got 100 bucks solid that's a safe bet that no one (China or otherwise) is counterfeiting models of new Epiphones.

Do you need my address for the check? It's an incredibly obvious fake. The only way it could be worse is if they had hand-written Epiphone on the headstock.