Gibson Brands Forums

Have y'all seen this? :-)

Gilliangirl

How many online forum group members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"...another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ".

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

Hah!

I'll take this one to save people the trouble.

It's an anal' date=' irritating hobby of mine.

I find it works very well to get under just about anybody's skin in a hurry!

:-)

Hey, I was in the State Spelling Bee in 6th grade - lost to a girl.

(That's not saying much, there were few boys in the finals.)

How many online forum group members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"...another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

44 to ask what is a "FAQ".

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen

2004 Southern Jumbo (Magic) with bridge pins by Bob Colosi

1993 Seagull S6 cedar (Jonathan), with plastic pins but I'm going to get pins from Bob Colosi for this one too, based on the scientific research that it will improve the sound

2007 Epiphone EL-00 (Elmo), also getting new pins

4 tuners, 4 capos, and 1, 652 guitar picks (1,645 of them stuck between the barrels of the washing machine)

1 truss rod wrench

an old metronome

a little wooden box to keep my picks in

The Family

I found my area: 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nu-Metal isnt metal just happens to have the word metal in it.

Quote:

Damn. What's the world coming to when you gotta worry about being offensive on a guitar forum. *sigh*

- Jantha

"The beginning of the end begins at birth"

Nice one Karen!

my weapons of choice...

dem00n I thought you were grounded.

http://www.myspace.com/tommick

http://www.myspace.com/unloader

http://www.myspace.com/mudstack

The Mick wrote:

dem00n I thought you were grounded.

No...i was at a sweet sixteen.

Nu-Metal isnt metal just happens to have the word metal in it.

Quote:

Damn. What's the world coming to when you gotta worry about being offensive on a guitar forum. *sigh*

- Jantha

"The beginning of the end begins at birth"

Oh ya any pictures

http://www.myspace.com/tommick

http://www.myspace.com/unloader

http://www.myspace.com/mudstack

Well, I can't believe it but they do indeed have websites devoted to this! Check this out. I love the last one..."Make sure you don't get shocked."

'08 Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus

'05 Gibson Les Paul Standard

'81 Gibson Sonex-180 Custom

'06 Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster

'07 Taylor 310CE Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric

My Gibson Guitars

Great Threads deserve Youtube Links

Attention, emergency news! Rinji news o moshiagemasu!

Gojira ga ginza hoomen e mukatte imasu!

Godzilla is going toward the Ginza area!

Thanks for posting that!!!!

The guitar's not all that expensive either, when you compare it to gettin' a tooth pulled or something.

- Merle Haggard

Good job Karen.

Thanks

So.

What are you trying to say?

Karen.

If that's your real name.....

'07 ES-339

'79 "The SG" Walnut w/velvet brick

'61 Melody Maker double cut / twin pickup

'03 J-45 Rosewood (ebony board/bridge)

'91 Fender American triburst Telecaster

1933 Gibson A-00 Mandolin (owned by Scotty Stoneman)

Mexican Fender Jazz Bass

Mesa Blue Angel 1;12

Fender Prosonic combo

'71 Champ

Carvin R1000/4;10T

Ruger SP101. Too many others to mention.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head!

I thought about adding forum member names after each line, but I'll leave that to someone more ambitious than me

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue

Hah!

I'll take this one to save people the trouble.

Gilliangirl wrote:

It's an anal, irritating hobby of mine.

I find it works very well to get under just about anybody's skin in a hurry!

:-)

Hey, I was in the State Spelling Bee in 6th grade - lost to a girl.

(That's not saying much, there were few boys in the finals.)

www.neoconman.com . .... . www.rattlesnakeroadhouse.com . .... . www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-0s3V4xAsA

Proud owner of the ONLY 12 STRING SG in the world and that's a fact - maybe...

Gear pics here --> NeoConMan Guitars

LORD, HELP ME BE THE CONSERVATIVE LIBERALS FEAR I AM

Got CCW? This message brought to you by a federally licensed gun dealer at the NeoCon Desert Compound.

me too.

You forgot about the 1 to say that conservatives could've done a better job of changing the light bulb and the other 2 to jump on board and point out how it's all Barack Obama's fault that the lightbulb burned out in the first place!!

Good one Chan [-o<

Not to hi-jack this, but it seems like a good time to ask a stupid question. How do you do that thing where you quote multiple sources in one post? I can only ever seem to use one Quote at a time.

Good one Chan [-o<

Not to hi-jack this' date= but it seems like a good time to ask a stupid question. How do you do that thing where you quote multiple sources in one post? I can only ever seem to use one Quote at a time.[/quote]

You can use the HTML tag instead of clicking on the button that says "quote." It's just a [ quote ] before the text and [ /quote ] after. (Without the spaces, of course, cause I wanted the actual tag to show).

If you look at what comes up in your dialog box when you click "quote," you can see the actual tags.

Hope that helps. [-X

(edited to change "URL" to "HTML"--it's been a long night!)

You can use the HTML tag instead of clicking on the button that says "quote." It's just a [ quote ] before the text and [ /quote ] after. (Without the spaces' date=' of course, cause I wanted the actual tag to show).

If you look at what comes up in your dialog box when you click "quote," you can see the actual tags.

Hope that helps. =D>

(edited to change "URL" to "HTML"--it's been a long night!)[/quote']

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I have more time.

You forgot about the 1 to say that conservatives could've done a better job of changing the light bulb and the other 2 to jump on board and point out how it's all Barack Obama's fault that the lightbulb burned out in the first place!!
Ah yes....

You and Homz just gotta start sh!t everywhere you go.

=D>

wicked1.....

Actually... Here's a warning. Consider that when a "republic" changes into some sort of an oligarchy such as we're observing now, artists tend to find themselves at the bottom of the pool if they don't modify their art to fit into the concepts of the ruling class.

The soviet union is a perfect example. Now that they've loosened up a little, the greater artistic freedom is an awesome thing to see.

Meanwhile in the US the past few months we've seen various bills passed that, in their haste to be "democratic," our Congress doesn't even bother reading. Then we end up with "oh, gee... I didn't do it."

Wait. Watch. See how banks and insurance companies functionally are being nationalized, as is the car industry.

And... how long before such as Gibson and Fender find themselves in the same pickel?

The stock market was poor after November, and note how it's been tanking ever since. If a Republican president were in the White house and we lost over 600,000 jobs in one month, would you defend that president?

I doubt it.

wicked1.....

Actually... Here's a warning. Consider that when a "republic" changes into some sort of an oligarchy such as we're observing now' date=' artists tend to find themselves at the bottom of the pool if they don't modify their art to fit into the concepts of the ruling class.

The soviet union is a perfect example. Now that they've loosened up a little, the greater artistic freedom is an awesome thing to see.

Meanwhile in the US the past few months we've seen various bills passed that, in their haste to be "democratic," our Congress doesn't even bother reading. Then we end up with "oh, gee... I didn't do it."

Wait. Watch. See how banks and insurance companies functionally are being nationalized, as is the car industry.

And... how long before such as Gibson and Fender find themselves in the same pickel?

The stock market was poor after November, and note how it's been tanking ever since. If a Republican president were in the White house and we lost over 600,000 jobs in one month, would you defend that president?

I doubt it.

[/quote']

Have to disagree.

bush and his right wing gestapo were the most repressive group we've had in decades, not to mention their warmongering and bullying abroad. Where I live, I've never seen so many confederate flags flying in display of right wingers' hatred for the poor, minorities, so-called "illegals," etc., since the open segregationists were run out of office.

And of course, we've both posted about all the right wingers arming up because they think minorities have taken over. Of course, you support right wingers' right to amass weapons of mass destruction, I oppose it.

As to the economy -- If I'm not mistaken the current economic issues were well underway during bush's admin and were likely caused by his war, foreign countries losing faith in the USA, bush's ignoring domestic issues, tax cuts, etc. In fact, I think McCain's fate was sealed because of bush's economy (well and people sick of the repressive conservatives bent on keeping a nickel in their pocket no matter how many people it hurt).

But, hey, I blamed bush for 9/11, Iraq (including the death of 2000 more of our guys than were killed on 9/11), our economic problems, and the like -- so I guess you can blame Obama for everything that has happened to us during his 70 days in office even if he's cleaning up bush's mess.

My guess is, you'd blame Obama even if things were perfect. So that is no surprise.

I don't know of any artists who have great concern under the current admin. The previous admin would have shot most that sung out, certainly tortured them if they could. Don't think the current admin is a threat -- even you can sing your right wing lyrics to anyone who'll listen.

In any event, the original post that started this thread was pretty good.

wicked1.....

Actually... Here's a warning. Consider that when a "republic" changes into some sort of an oligarchy such as we're observing now' date=' artists tend to find themselves at the bottom of the pool if they don't modify their art to fit into the concepts of the ruling class.

I doubt it.

[/quote']

Jezus crimony....make a flippin' joke and get a history lecture? Well, let's just change it around....

how about 1 person to point out that it's the liberals could've changed it better and 2 to jump on and point out how it's Reagan's fault that the light bulb burned out in the first place.

Is everybody happy now?

I am not in favor of having a government or a society that is completely on either extreme; however, I do believe that conservatives can live quite easily in a more liberal group than vice versa. It's much easier to be more personally restrictive.

BTW, CNN just had a couple of guests on tonight talking about how evangelical Christians can also be "progressive" Democrats. It was quite interesting and I was glad to see that I'm not the only one who sees how Jesus' teachings fit quite well with the same values that I embrace, even though I am *nothing* close to a Christian, much less evangelical.

Peace, justice, & love.

Wicked1

CNN
Of course.....

Who else would you watch?

just had a couple of guests on tonight talking about how evangelical Christians can also be "progressive" Democrats. It was quite interesting and I was glad to see that I'm not the only one who sees how Jesus' teachings fit quite well with the same values that I embrace' date=' even though I am *nothing* close to a Christian' date=' much less evangelical. [/quote'']

It's cookies, cake and ice cream for the secular crowd.

Remember how you learned EVERYTHING you would ever need from church when you were forced to go as a child?

This sort of circular logic and platitudes is simply to assauge your guilt without you commiting yourself in any way.

Think of it as a Faith Placebo.

Good luck with that.

It's cookies' date=' cake and ice cream for the secular crowd.

Remember how you learned EVERYTHING you would ever need from church when you were forced to go as a child?

This sort of circular logic and platitudes is simply to assauge your guilt without you commiting yourself in any way.

Think of it as a Faith Placebo.

Good luck with that.

[/quote']

Did you hear a noise?

Archived