Gibson Brands Forums

Things that come to your mind.

Mr. Gibson

14 hours ago, sparquelito said:

This is everyone's chance to sing the praises of Yoko Ono

I will say this...

From what I understand,  there was a period in John's life where he was extremely self destructive.  And Yoko was instrumental in pulling him out of that route.  Essentially saving his life. Plus she is a savvy enough businesswoman to have kept his and their finances in good order.   Sure, she can't sing.  But neither could Linda McCartney.  And John and Paul loved both of them dearly.    And I never believed she "broke up" the band.  The rampant egos of both John and Paul would have managed that with or without Yoko. 

Now back to the "come to your mind" portion of this thread...

...If sex is such a beautiful thing why do we insist on doing it behind closed doors and in the dark?

...Why is what's called the "Golden Years"  covered with so much tarnish?

....What would sonatas, concertos, and other piano pieces sound like if it were possible to "bend" notes on a piano to begin with?

Whitefang

4 hours ago, Whitefang said:

And I never believed she "broke up" the band.  The rampant egos of both John and Paul would have managed that with or without Yoko. 

Whitefang

Anyone who watched Get Back, still thinks she had anything to do with Beatles demise, they were not paying attention.

Edited by kidblast

On 6/15/2022 at 7:21 AM, kidblast said:

embrace growing old, many were not provided the oppourtunity.

I know pretty deep right??  for me anyway

Isn't it strange.... as we get older.... our ears get longer....our noses get longer..... but our height gets shorter and our um...er...ah...our 'manhood' gets shorter!

I'm fine with the nose and ears....but the other things....I didn't have any to spare!

And by the way(continuing the Beatles thing) PBS had the "Concert For George" on last night.  I didn't notice it was going to be on  until a half hour before it started.  Great show.  And proves what I've believed all along.  That George was John and Paul's equal in the songwriting department. Only drawbacks were...

1.   Dhani Harrison,  an amazing look and sound alike of his Father,  didn't do any solo performances of any of his Dad's songs.

2.  I could have done without Paul's short ukulele  driven version of "Something".    

And what an ending!

Whitefang

41 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

And by the way(continuing the Beatles thing) PBS had the "Concert For George" on last night.  I didn't notice it was going to be on  until a half hour before it started.  Great show.  And proves what I've believed all along.  That George was John and Paul's equal in the songwriting department. Only drawbacks were...

1.   Dhani Harrison,  an amazing look and sound alike of his Father,  didn't do any solo performances of any of his Dad's songs.

2.  I could have done without Paul's short ukulele  driven version of "Something".    

And what an ending!

Whitefang

I haven't seen it. The Beatles solo albums to me proved one thing. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Together they made recorded music that stands 50+ years since it came out. The lads solo stuff for me is hit and miss. Mostly a miss. Paul's being the solo stuff I go to mostly.  George all I can listen to is All Things, and a few songs off his other albums.  Extra Texture, 33 & 1/3, Living In The Material, and Dark Horse all have moment or two. Ringo is a drummer and not a singer, well not one I enjoy hearing sing. He gets a pass on Octopus, and Yellow Sub, and did an okay job on A Little Help. I have Ringo and Vienna and there just not that great, and those are supposed to be his best ones? After John's first two solo albums I never really cared about his solo career. Live Peace is awful and Sometime in NYC is just almost unlistenable. Once again Phil Sector and his wall of mush had to put sappy strings on the song Imagine, instead of just letting John do it on piano.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

And speaking of chords, why is "Major" the only rank among them?

Why aren't there any private, corporal, sergeant,  lieutenant, captain, colonel or general chords?  [blink]

And if there are "minor" chords, where are all the "adult" chords?

Whitefang

So, how many bottles of water does it take to fill a bathtub in order to take a bath?  And how long to heat all that water until it's bath hot enough?  

Or is it you don't mind "cleaning" yourself with polluted water?  🤢

Whitefang

16 hours ago, Whitefang said:

So, how many bottles of water does it take to fill a bathtub in order to take a bath?  And how long to heat all that water until it's bath hot enough?  

Or is it you don't mind "cleaning" yourself with polluted water?  🤢

Whitefang

Firstly; A lot !!!, Bigger tubs take a lot more. Smaller tubs take a lot less. 

Secondly; Depends on what kind of matches you are using.

lastly; I don’t clean, I warsh!😂

Edited by gdecant1
  • Haha 1