Gibson Brands Forums

Back again

Brucebubs

2 hours ago, jdgm said:

Hi Bruce

Why does this keep happening?

Very weird.

No definitive answer from anyone yet - I wondered if my email address 'bandscamp' which includes the letters 'scam' somehow triggers something that automatically bans me? But then why does it let me back on again?

• Confused 1

Read the 1st amendment(those able to) carefully, and you'll notice the wording...

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to    assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Looks to me like it reads that CONGRESS shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech.  Says NOTHING about disallowing anybody else from doing so.

People have been misreading and misinterpreting the first amendment to suit their own purpose just as others have been doing the same with the second amendment. 

Whitefang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just for the record - I don't believe I was banned by the administrators or moderators - I believe it was/is some technical hitch - when banned like this it is impossible to contact the forum, you are totally locked out.

1 minute ago, Brucebubs said:

Just for the record - I don't believe I was banned by the administrators or moderators - I believe it was/is some technical hitch - when banned like this it is impossible to contact the forum, you are totally locked out.

Just maybe you were. Then put on probation without notification.  🙃

It's been a strange series of occurrences. 
And I was proud to continue to correspond with you via emails, hither and yon. 

Is there any chance that you ever uttered an unkind word toward Mark Agnesi?

Because that is apparently a thing. 

🤨

cE3jKdOj_400x400.jpg

I'D hold out for better facial hair THAN his!   😜  Or at least a better FACE!  [thumbup]

Anyway BRUCE ,  I don't know how any technical "glitch" can ban someone from a forum.  Unable to log on maybe.  But in that case I'd doubt you'd get a notice that you're banned.  And in either case, whether by the mods or a glitch, contacting the forum would be impossible.  

Whitefang

I've addressed this 2 or 3 times already. No mod or admin has taken any adverse action against brucebubs.

Zero.

He has never been banned, or even warned, for that matter.

I have no idea why he is getting the message that he has been banned, nor do I know why it mysteriously goes back to normal.

• Thanks 2

I can see all the ISP's used by him and the dates involved. I'm sure ISPs can be blocked by those with that specific permission but I don't have it.

However I am curious about the following dates:

3/1/22, 3/22/22, 3/23/22, 5/5/22.

Any chance you tried to log onto the forum on those dates and got the banned message?

2 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I can see all the ISP's used by him and the dates involved. I'm sure ISPs can be blocked by those with that specific permission but I don't have it.

However I am curious about the following dates:

3/1/22, 3/22/22, 3/23/22, 5/5/22.

Any chance you tried to log onto the forum on those dates and got the banned message?

I wish I could help you but I'm honestly not aware of those dates - to be truthful I'd actually given up on the forum and just by chance thought I'd try it again and surprise! I'm back in.

4 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Brucebubs, to test the above theory, wait until it happens again. Then connect to the website from a device where you are not logged into the forum.  Or on the same device, you can use a different web browser that doesn't have you logged into the forum.  

1) If you still see the "Banned" message, your public IP address is banned. 

2) if you don't see the "Banned" message, your account is banned. 

noted - thanks.

8 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I've addressed this 2 or 3 times already. No mod or admin has taken any adverse action against brucebubs.

Zero.

He has never been banned, or even warned, for that matter.

I have no idea why he is getting the message that he has been banned, nor do I know why it mysteriously goes back to normal.

Could of been a scammer.  Wanting nothing more than to stir up things .  Just a thought. 🙂

On 6/17/2022 at 4:55 AM, Brucebubs said:

Was banned and locked out of this forum again on March 17 - my birthday - as you can see I'm allowed back on again.

Haven't changed my user name or server or anything.

Nice to be back, hope I can stay this time.

CVtnVwml.jpg

Sometimes they do software updates to the forum, and maybe it's offline for a few minutes. This might be what a "partial offline" looks like. And maybe nothing to do with your specific account.

As Bruce Willis put it in Die Hard and Die Hard-2: "at the wrong place at the wrong time".

On 6/18/2022 at 7:34 AM, badbluesplayer said:

I bought two of his guitars and now I bought another one.  Can I buy some better facial hair like his?

I have three Gibsons and can grow a really nice, albeit silver white, beard. 

Sadly though, I can't take the itching, and end up clawing the flesh off of my face after about six days. 

A mustache and soul patch, kept short, it about all I can live with. 

😗

On 6/19/2022 at 2:46 AM, OrdinaryNimda said:

Sometimes they do software updates to the forum, and maybe it's offline for a few minutes. This might be what a "partial offline" looks like. And maybe nothing to do with your specific account.

As Bruce Willis put it in Die Hard and Die Hard-2: "at the wrong place at the wrong time".

When  there are updates, or hiccups on the system -  I think I just get   "System Unavailable"  or something similar.

BruceB   seems to get a clear  "BANNED"  message.      

At this point - no one else here seems to have chimed in having had  a similar experience.  Even those legitimately banned.  (we know who that is ... maybe currently banned and can't chime in!)  So, I'd lean towards it being  a scammer/hacker.  

Very unlikely to be a hacker as it doesn't happen often enough and no-one else gets it.

I think there is a server address malfunction of some sort somewhere, or something like that.  But I'm not an expert.

Edited by jdgm

21 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I have three Gibsons and can grow a really nice, albeit silver white, beard. 

Sadly though, I can't take the itching, and end up clawing the flesh off of my face after about six days. 

A mustache and soul patch, kept short, it about all I can live with. 

😗

Hmmmm....

I've had my beard for 49 years now(save for the month or two in growing it back because I shaved it off after a terrible trimming job).  Never had an issue with itching.   But I've heard that complaint before and it's quite common.

But not sure what  "SOUL  PATCH" is.    All I know is that way too long trend of looking like you haven't shaved in three or four days and the hair worn to look like you just got out of bed and didn't take the time to comb it has lasted way longer than it should have.  Celebrities walk in a room or on a talk show set and the women start drooling like they think it looks sexy.  Jusy galls me.  Back in the "day" when I was in high school I generally looked like that most of the time.  Unkempt hair and a three or four day growth.  Not on purpose mind you.  Just a lazy "who cares" attitude.  But the girls never drooled, just kept telling me I  looked "seedy".  🙄

Whitefang