Gibson Brands Forums

So, this came in today from Reverb. It's a black 2002 Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Been considering another Epiphone Les Paul for awhile. Mainly to mod out because I'm happy with my Gibson's and I don't want to mess with them or change anything unless I absolutely have to. I guess everyone on here can tell and knows that I'm a diehard KISS fan, so I plan on eventually getting a creme Dimarzio Super Distortion for the bridge and a creme DiMarzio PAF for the neck and make it like a 2 pickup Ace Frehley style Les Paul.  also found one of those cool Ace card truss rod cover, too. I also have a spare DiMarzio jack laying around, too, so I might as well use it, too. Needs a good setup, though. I have noticed that a couple of the high frets on the high e string fret out/choke out when bending on those couple of frets. I need to get that taken care of and I believe it'll be fine. 
https://i.imgur.com/nnTaRCa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CdI5S1k.jpg

6 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Congrats !    Looks minty fresh.  Excellent choice!   Is that TRC in the bag  the original or a custom ?  

Thanks! It's an aftermarket custom one. I found it on Reverb last year. Not sure who makes it. The ad doesn't state who makes it other than made in USA and limited. The seller appears to be a parts and accessories seller mainly, so I guess they either make them or have them made.
GUITAR TRUSS ROD COVER - Custom Engraved - Fits EPIPHONE EPI - ACE FREHLEY KISS | Reverb

On 6/21/2022 at 5:17 PM, Twang Gang said:

Nice looking Epi.  Be careful transporting it though as the case looks a bit too big and the guitar will flop around in there.

Thanks! The case actually isn't too big for it.  I'd say it's about 95% snug. Not enough flop to worry about. I'm more worried about those couple of high frets on the high e string fretting/choking out while bending, though.