Gibson Brands Forums

Quick question on headstock branding?

jimmiJAMM

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 10:34 AM, jimmiJAMM said:

Can anyone please tell me why this guitar has both Epiphone and Gibson on headstock? Thanks!

Epiphone Series 60s Howard Roberts 1996 Wine Red image 3

Epiphone Series 60s Howard Roberts 1996 Wine Red image 1

The 90s was the time I remember for this model.      

I seem to remember as well Epiphone  from  the mid 60s with these is US made models.  My time frame  could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, slimt said:

The 90s was the time I remember for this model.      

I seem to remember as well Epiphone  from  the mid 60s with these is US made models.  My time frame  could be wrong. 

The Epiphone Howard Roberts Super was made in Kalamazoo between 1966 and 1969. A very small number were apparently shipped as Gibson instruments in 1970, and it was officially sold as a Gibson model beginning in 1974. (The simpler Howard Roberts Standard was available 1964-1967).

The Howard Roberts Custom was reissued in 1992 as the Imperial Series 1960s Howard Roberts (to differentiate from a different Howard Roberts model made in the late 80s). They were made in Japan.

The Howard Roberts HR-1 was a Korean-made version of the Howard Roberts Custom from 1994-1998. That's the guitar in question here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...