Gibson Brands Forums

Megadeth - We’ll Be Back: Chapter I

Rabs

Listen to "We'll be back"-

Then compare overall quality to this:

If you enjoy those melodies, I recommend you check out the entire "Youthanasia" album.

Even if you're not a metalhead, there's a lot there for you in terms of quirky melodic content.

Edited by Pinch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

Listen to "We'll be back"-

Then compare overall quality to this:

If you enjoy those melodies, I recommend you check out the entire "Youthanasia" album.

Even if you're not a metalhead, there's a lot there for you in terms of quirky melodic content.

Comparing “overall quality” as you call it, is completely subjective. 
I like both. 

• 3 months later...

I think Peace is selling, but no one is buying. I can't stand Dave's voice. Once the one where Dave is singing "Hello me, It's me again", with the old man on the cover, I checked out. I think the song is Sweating Bullets maybe?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think Peace is selling, but no one is buying. I can't stand Dave's voice. Once the one where Dave is singing "Hello me, It's me again", with the old man on the cover, I checked out. I think the song is Sweating Bullets maybe?

Love Megadeth music mostly, but damn when I heard Dave close out Peace Sells live… cringe! 

There are several bands where I put up with a singer I dont like that much because I do like the music... Megadeath included and most of the singers Slash has worked with. Even The Who, I never thought Roger's singing was that great, but love the music.. 

2 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

Love Megadeth music mostly, but damn when I heard Dave close out Peace Sells live… cringe! 

You know when he was in 'Tallica, he was the Alpha Male. I never listened to Megadeath till around '91. I got the one that looks like it has a Star Wars Sandperson on the cover, and Peace Sells. Some good stuff. There was no reason to re-recored Anarchy In The UK in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Rabs said:

There are several bands where I put up with a singer I dont like that much because I do like the music... Megadeath included and most of the singers Slash has worked with. Even The Who, I never thought Roger's singing was that great, but love the music.. 

Rog was a screamer. His voice is now beyond shot. 

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You know when he was in 'Tallica, he was the Alpha Male. I never listened to Megadeath till around '91. I got the one that looks like it has a Star Wars Sandperson on the cover, and Peace Sells. Some good stuff. There was no reason to re-recored Anarchy In The UK in my opinion.

Yeah, lol that was a track I just skipped over on So Far, So Good, So What. 

I'm sure Dave was a treat to work with back then haha!  He's a character.  My friends and I have coined the name Mega-Dave.  I respect him because at least he's stayed true to his metal roots - unlike 'Tallica.  The guitarists Megadeth had were all better than Kirk too IMHO.  James and Lars wrote most of the material that mattered anyhow - aside from some the early stuff on Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning Dave had been credited with.  Dave has a knack for writing some killer metal riffs.  Peace Sells for instance - Wake Up Dead...  Awesome!  The Conjuring... Awesome!  My last Words... Awesome!  I listened to that album all the way through many, many times.  Still can appreciate it. 

Metallica OTOH...  I cannot listen to ANYTHING they have - even stuff I loved when I was a kid.  I've moved on it seems.  Like I said, a metal band that releases 2 album covers with jizz on it made me confused.  I was even more confused when I listened to what was on them.  Well, I only listened to Load (ughh!!!) once and I don't think I listened all the way through.  I didn't even listen to one minute of Reload...  How about that St. Anger album haha!  That's what people know 'Tallica for, right 😆

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

Yeah, lol that was a track I just skipped over on So Far, So Good, So What. 

I'm sure Dave was a treat to work with back then haha!  He's a character.  My friends and I have coined the name Mega-Dave.  I respect him because at least he's stayed true to his metal roots - unlike 'Tallica.  The guitarists Megadeth had were all better than Kirk too IMHO.  James and Lars wrote most of the material that mattered anyhow - aside from some the early stuff on Kill 'em All and Ride the Lightning Dave had been credited with.  Dave has a knack for writing some killer metal riffs.  Peace Sells for instance - Wake Up Dead...  Awesome!  The Conjuring... Awesome!  My last Words... Awesome!  I listened to that album all the way through many, many times.  Still can appreciate it. 

Metallica OTOH...  I cannot listen to ANYTHING they have - even stuff I loved when I was a kid.  I've moved on it seems.  Like I said, a metal band that releases 2 album covers with jizz on it made me confused.  I was even more confused when I listened to what was on them.  Well, I only listened to Load (ughh!!!) once and I don't think I listened all the way through.  I didn't even listen to one minute of Reload...  How about that St. Anger album haha!  That's what people know 'Tallica for, right 😆

I can't remember in the last 10 years or so I intently put on a 'Tallic album. On vinyl I have Ride, Master, and the one with the snake on it. I was in Wallyword ages ago when they had a small cd selection, and all the 'Tallica cd's were $5. So I got Kill through Enters Sandman. It thinks it's Lars and James's show anyway. Kirk, no solos on St. Anger? What lead guitarist is going to agree to that on an 'Tallica album . . . oh Kirk did. 

When 'Tallica covers a song they ruin it forever. I never what to hear that Bob Segar song ever again by either one. At least I can still stomach Whiskey In The Jar and Astronomy, but only by T L and BOC.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rabs said:

This is why Jason left.. forced humiliation

James loved saying "Hey" and "Yeah". Wow I haven't heard that in years and totally forgot about it. 

Jason was smart to leave. They are just a joke now. Like said before who does't want an album or two with pics of j-izz on them? 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

57 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

I remember waiting for 4 years since the Black album and we were given jizz… twice! Haha! Good thing Pantera was around back then.

We were given jizz… 

is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

• Like 1