Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a 59?

Slogold

Is it for sale? Who's got it?

Yup it's for sale and the owner is a Military guy based in Hawaii (Fort Shafter).

He said that it is not a reissue but I'm not sure.

Here's the respond he sent me...

You can see the pictures here: http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/uu208/1959gibsonlespaulstandard/

First of all let me inform you that I'm located in Fort Shafter an US military base in Hawaii getting ready for Iraq' date=' the guitar is here with me. If you can come pick it up would be great. If you can't, shipping is not a problem because I can ship with UPS or Fedex. The price is $3900, shipping included.

Address and pickup info:

Capt. Jason Tyler / [uSASOLS'] United States Army Special Operations Logistics Squadron

U.S. Army, Pacific Attn: APPA Building T100 Fort Shafter(in Honolulu), zip: 96858-5100, HI.

If you like the guitar and you want to buy email me and I will explain how the payment and shipping works.

Note:

My in-laws live 1 block away from this base in HI.

The problem.....I'm monetary challenged right now.

Is it??????

$3,900? That alone gives me pause for concern. If it were in fact real, it would be worth CONSIDERABLY more than that. I don't know ... it looks good, but the price would scare me a bit. Absolutely worth going to check out though, as this could be the deal of the century (as well as cause for all of us to hate you haha).

good luck!

If you like the guitar and you want to buy email me and I will explain how the payment and shipping works.

Note:

My in-laws live 1 block away from this base in HI.

The problem.....I'm monetary challenged right now.

Is it??????

Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!Red Flag!!!

"Note:

My in-laws live 1 block away from this base in HI."

Yep... right... I guess he lives 1 block away and will try to pass himself as based in that base... you should ask him for a pic of the guitar in hawaii in a location you can prove is on hawaii and another one in said base, with a newspaper to prove the date.

He got those pics from the net... and will probably ship a chinese fake if he ships anything at all.

You know what's worst that this? I remember seeing this on the news. A scam where the family of a Canadian soldier who died in Afghanistan was selling his car. The scammer even took a picture of the dead soldier from the internet and posted it in his ad. No respect...

Archived