Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a 59?

Slogold

This reminds me of a scam I seen on a Hi-Fi forum only the scammer got scammed! It involved an elaborate hustle whereby the scammer emailed to say he wanted to buy item x y or z. Then they would send money electronically, sometimes even to Paypal. After this they asked the seller to ship to an address. The money though appears to clear but a little while later it is bounced back.

Well this guy said yeah no problem and took the money. He knew the guy was fake and was playing him. The money 'cleared' or appeared to clear and he emailed the seller to say the item was ready for shipping. This is where it gets good. They shipped the item to the address in London, only the item was not what the buyer was expecting. The best part was the seller and a friend staked out the drop location and took photos etc of the scammer.

I wish I could remember the exact place I read it now. It was brilliant.

$3' date='900? That alone gives me pause for concern. If it were in fact real, it would be worth CONSIDERABLY more than that. I don't know ... it looks good, but the price would scare me a bit. Absolutely worth going to check out though, as this could be the deal of the century (as well as cause for all of us to hate you haha).

good luck! [/quote']Actually, my Great Uncle got the deal of the century when, he bought an original '61 SG for $1,200, and then found out it's worth...over $26k. I was so pissed, seeing as I was the one who advised him to buy it.#-o :-

Actually' date=' my Great Uncle got the deal of the century when, he bought an original '61 SG for $1,200, and then found out it's worth...over $26k. I was so pissed, seeing as I was the one who advised him to buy it.#-o '](*,)

You should of asked him to put the guitar in his will for you...:- (jk)

Archived