Gibson Brands Forums

Scott Grove selling his guitars

22 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

I saw his brief video yesterday. I just checked again and cant find it. 

He said he was moving the vast majority of his guitars. Nothing would be priced, but offers welcomed. 

Maybe he changed his mind and removed it? I didn't imagine this.

I have no idea who Scott is. 

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have no idea who Scott is. 

He was a very annoying and obstinate Youtube guitar reviewer.. Not new guitars but a lot of old weird stuff..  I heard he got ill or something and stopped with the Youtube stuff quite a while back.. He came on here once touting various guitar myths.. He didnt last long as he couldn't really back his nonsense up when really questioned about it.

Edited by Rabs

11 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Scott who?

Whitefang

I just found out he's an "influencer". That is someone who is on social media, and wants to be famous for tick tocks and YT vid's, and not get a real job.

I sell a guitar every now and then, but don't get a thread about it. 

• Thanks 1

I can’t stand those guys who blab about nothing & go on & on.. They make 15 minute YouTubes that could have been done in 2-3 minutes.. If they don’t get to it in the first 15-20 seconds….. Click! Next!

There’s a guy on another Forum who just bid & bought a 50 Guitar Bundle..

Edited by Larsongs

Ohh look.. I found an old thread all about him.. Lol..  He actually replies on this one..  Check out the way he talks on his profile..  What a tool....  I had forgotten just what an idiot he is (I had totally forgotten he existed until this thread came up).

On 7/4/2022 at 4:23 AM, merciful-evans said:

I saw his brief video yesterday. I just checked again and cant find it. 

He said he was moving the vast majority of his guitars. Nothing would be priced, but offers welcomed. 

Maybe he changed his mind and removed it? I didn't imagine this.

I had a quick look - just enter his name in YouTube and the videos are there (also with link to guitars and prices).

Not that I’m a buyer but I always thought the soft pink PRS was pretty/cool and a Ron Asheton V would be good to try.

Edited by 'Scales

I remembered the name and read the old thread, which has contributions from one or two still here and some we don't hear from anymore.

I think being an internet influencer has a similar career trajectory as many rock musicians...?  :-k

Ok. I thought he would be better known. I used to watch his vids some years back (also Will Gelvin). Yes he's very opinionated and assertive but I also learned useful things from him. I also detest procrastination but found him worth watching anyway because he does know his stuff.

I think he's a troubled person. I wish him well. 

On 7/4/2022 at 4:48 PM, Larsongs said:

I can’t stand those guys who blab about nothing & go on & on.. They make 15 minute YouTubes that could have been done in 2-3 minutes.. If they don’t get to it in the first 15-20 seconds….. Click! Next!

There’s a guy on another Forum who just bid & bought a 50 Guitar Bundle..

Indeed. I don't need a three-minute intro for a four-minute review.

6 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Its useful when they go back and edit vid and provide chapter markers (or whatever they're called). Phil McKnight does this on his KYG stuff. 

Oh yeah. I see more and more of that. It's great.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, Rabs said:

Ohh look.. I found an old thread all about him.. Lol..  He actually replies on this one..  Check out the way he talks on his profile..  What a tool....  I had forgotten just what an idiot he is (I had totally forgotten he existed until this thread came up).

I went back and re-read that entire old thread. I didn't remember any of it, but it's always cool to be reminded of some of the past members we don't see any longer. Funny thing was, when I got to the very end, I had posted the last comment. [biggrin]