Gibson Brands Forums

1986 SG 62 Reissue

This is my first post here so I apologize if this has been brought up before.  I just started playing my guitar again after a long absence.  All of the hardware  needs to be replaced.  I ran out of kilobytes so I couldn't post all of the pictures.  Where can I get replacement screws for the truss rod cover, pickguard, tenon cover plate, front and rear pickup ring, and the pickup height screws.  If by chance anyone here knows what the screw sizes are, as well as places that sell them it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

20220709_100128.jpg

20220709_125908.jpg

20220709_100159.jpg

I would rather restore them.  How would I go about doing this the right way?  I've done research but everything I find is related to restoring lug nuts and old tools, I cant find anything on very small rusty screw heads.

I would also like to have the correct back up screws on hand just in case I run into an irreversible problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

With time on hand, the right tools and know-how, you can really do this yourself. But, even though it sounds simple enough, restoring metal parts is such a tedious job that it is best left to professionals in my opinion. Anyway, here is an example of a master at work:

Edited by Leonard McCoy