Gibson Brands Forums

Bill Gates Buying Up American Farmland

Murph

That doesn't bother me or have a bearing on our generation, in fact future citizens of the planet could possibly benefit from the progressive thinkers and movers like Gates, who wants to develop sustaining technology.  Problem is, the backward thinking mega-resource users like China weigh heavily on the best of futurists intentions. 

We're goin' down as a species, eventually.

10 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

I'm guessing this thread is going to last 23 posts, before it turns too political and is taken down.

The Nathan's Hot Dog Contest thread didn't make it, so you may be right.

I wonder why that is?

12 minutes ago, Murph said:

I wonder why that is?

Sorry, I can't answer your question without becoming too political and causing my prophecy to come true.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Murph said:

I wonder why that is?

Cause someone mentioned the recent 4th of July shooting, and the Orange Messiah in the same sentence. That's why, and if you read it you damn well know that's why. After I read that post, I knew it would be a matter of just as soon as Duane or KSD saw that it would be nuked.

The hot dog one is still up, but I'm confident as a forum member were gonna find a way to bring politics ect into it, and it will die.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, Murph said:

I guess he's the single largest landowner in the country now.

And I would have thought it was the Chinese.

Bill Gates' purchase of North Dakota farmland has locals 'livid': official (nypost.com)

Him & Warren Buffet own property & are pumping Lithium from 8000 ft under The Salton Sea in Palm Springs, Ca. It’s said, they produce about 80% of the USA’s mining of Lithium.. Although, the cost to the Deserts environment is making it Toxic & in the not to distant future unlivable unless something is done to protect the Environment.

Gates massive ownership of farmland could be used to build the massive Servers needed for the Cloud.. People do know that the Cloud isn’t really in the Sky.. Don’t they?

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Cause someone mentioned the recent 4th of July shooting, and the Orange Messiah in the same sentence. That's why, and if you read it you damn well know that's why. After I read that post, I knew it would be a matter of just as soon as Duane or KSD saw that it would be nuked.

The hot dog one is still up, but I'm confident as a forum member were gonna find a way to bring politics ect into it, and it will die.

Why?  What happened?

1 minute ago, badbluesplayer said:

Why?  What happened?

If you don’t know, no one does. But I think I mentioned why it got locked. Some member posted about the shooting and DT, and that was a rap. I wish someone would do that to any “what are the best strings to go on my J-45” thread.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Larsongs said:

Him & Warren Buffet own property & are pumping Lithium from 8000 ft under The Salton Sea in Palm Springs, Ca. It’s said, they produce about 80% of the USA’s mining of Lithium.. Although, the cost to the Deserts environment is making it Toxic & in the not to distant future unlivable unless something is done to protect the Environment.

Gates massive ownership of farmland could be used to build the massive Servers needed for the Cloud.. People do know that the Cloud isn’t really in the Sky.. Don’t they?

I like to measure those guys by how rich they had to be before they stopped being a dooosh.  Like Bill Gates had to be worth like how many billion before he stopped yelling at his employees or having an affair.  The Amazon guy is worth half the world and he's got a rocket in his backyard and is still baiting-and-switching and taking four days to pick your order before they ship it by hitchhiker.

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

If you don’t know, no one does. But I think I mentioned why it got locked. Some member posted about the shooting and DT, and that was a rap. I wish someone would do that to any “what are the best strings to go on my J-45” thread.

That was me with the DT crack, Hoss!  😁

2 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

That was me with the DT crack, Hoss!  😁

No she-I-it. That’s why I said if you don’t know, no one does. And I’m the seen as the huge d-ick on this forum.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 hours ago, gearbasher said:

I'm guessing this thread is going to last 23 posts, before it turns too political and is taken down.

aint no need for any politics, 

he's just a "D  I  C  K" ..  plain and simple. 

Edited by kidblast

It always makes me wonder how much those people want?  I was thinking the same thing a few days ago when I saw the Euromillions lottery was £190,000,000, what would you do with 190 million?  You couldn't possibly spend it in your lifetime and I'd imagine that you could end up pretty missarable when you could have anything you want at the click of your fingers, everything would become worthless to you.  You'd have to give most of it away.

12 minutes ago, IanHenry said:

It always makes me wonder how much those people want?  I was thinking the same thing a few days ago when I saw the Euromillions lottery was £190,000,000, what would you do with 190 million?  You couldn't possibly spend it in your lifetime and I'd imagine that you could end up pretty missarable when you could have anything you want at the click of your fingers, everything would become worthless to you.  You'd have to give most of it away.

I don't know what it would be like either, but it sure would be fun to try it for a few years!! 🙂

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

I think, with the dollar worth less and less, wealthy people want to retain their wealth.

The stock market can erase wealth quicker than Al Bundy.

There is a reason it's called....

REAL ESTATE