Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lespaulsrule31194

Which Les Paul do I want?

I love the les paul classic,the 60's slim taper neck just feels so awesome for me!! The clasic speaks to me, i love the tone and sustain,the neck is very fast and comfortable,its all a mater of personal taste. Rock on!!:-&=D> =D>

The one and only way I ever pick guitars is go down and play them. I personally was totally against the idea of a chambered LP. I have had a number of LPs over the years and none of them chambered. Seemed just wrong to do that. Then I actually went and played a bunch. Spent most of an entire day playing evrrything from from the RI down. I ended up leaving with a 2008 Standard Plus. Best LP I have ever had. For what i like it killed the 4 or 5 traditionnals they had in the store. The only line that was similar was the RI. I was really really suprised at the chime,resonance and liveliness of it. This maybe something that you don't want. Youy really need to go down ahnd play them. Other people can only tell you what they like.

i was thinking either the Gary Moore BFG or a Les Paul Supreme. What do you think?

I have the LP GM BFG. My buddies who have played it say that it is one of the best LPs ever.

That took me to the store to check: I tried studios, trads, classic, stds and customs.

I won't say it is better, but different. It runs it's own league. I like it above the regular BFGs too.

I did some setup with 11s and the thing came alive. U strum an open chord and the whole monster shakes and resonates under your fingers!!!

Also adjusted the pups for an even volume, the sound is out of this world in any combination of them. The single tone control is a great idea. Roll it back with both pups engaged and u have instant Cream' woman tone.

The looks are great too, many people on the web forums were quick to dismiss it without ever seing one. It HAS a thin layer of nitro all over it. It actually shines!

Btw, consider that the only other LP with these pickups is the Dark Fire, where Gibson is putting it's future on.

The acoustic sound and the wonderful mahogany smell out of it are themselves reason for a full post.

Good luck!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional or a Gibson Les Paul Standard.

The Gibson Les Paul Traditional is made how Les Paul Standards were made before 2006 and plus they are 200 hundred dollars cheaper.

Gibson Les Paul Standard has the same specs as the Traditional except they are chambered which i do not like and you are paying 200 extra for a locking jack' date=' locking tunera and strap locks.

I prefer the Les Paul traditional over the Standard.[/quote']

the neck is a different profile

the bridge and tailpiece are tonepros on the 08 standard

the pick-ups are different

the 08 standard has a pcb, the traditional doesn't

the 08 standard has bourns pots

they're not even close to the same specs.

Please! Play as many as you can over however long a period of time it takes for you to work out exactly which individual guitar you prefer.

Do Not Rush This Part!

Although it's been stated many times before it is worth repeating this as you may not have been around the forum long enough to have read it : Individual examples of Les Pauls can be just a bit different from each other - even within the same model-type.

If you choose wrongly it may trouble you for a long time........