Gibson Brands Forums

Losing a Friend

brad1

On 8/6/2022 at 12:32 AM, Larsongs said:

My Sisters Son was hit by a Car & killed last night… 

I’m sorry for your loss.. May God comfort you..

That would be your nephew, eh?  Seems I have a few nephews I'm close enough to that I consider them much like sons.  So did my wife, who I lost four years ago this coming Dec.

And of course, losing a son or a nephew is FAR worse than losing a pet.  And losing a pet can be awfully traumatic to begin with.  My sincerest condolences go out to your sister.  As a parent I can only imagine( and only have to hope to) what she's going through.  

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

That would be your nephew, eh?  Seems I have a few nephews I'm close enough to that I consider them much like sons.  So did my wife, who I lost four years ago this coming Dec.

And of course, losing a son or a nephew is FAR worse than losing a pet.  And losing a pet can be awfully traumatic to begin with.  My sincerest condolences go out to your sister.  As a parent I can only imagine( and only have to hope to) what she's going through.  

Whitefang

Thank you for your kind words..

Dealing with the passing of anyone close to you can be very difficult. I was fortunate to have had several litters of kittens around when I was young, then the hardest thing was to let them go to new homes. Raising them was a joy, seeing them snuggle to walk and open their eyes for the first time, the wonder on their faces and the sweet smell of newborn. But not to forget being attacked by a pile of puppies. Watching them pass peacefully is a blessing, specially when they are content.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, fortyearspickn said:

GG,    can tell from that one photo he was a  really great dog.   Remember -  "All Dogs Go To Heaven" !     (main reason I want to get there! )  

He sure was, man! The best. Gentle, loyal giant. He was around 150 pounds. Haha, his size did intimidate people, but was the most gentle and amazing dog.   I sure do remember that! Again, I wish they lived as long as we do.

On 8/7/2022 at 6:58 AM, Larsongs said:

My Sisters Son was walking at night across a Street in the Victorville, Ca area a couple nights ago & was hit by a Car. He died on the way to the Hospital. The people stopped, called 911 & Police. It is being called an Accident. We don’t know everything yet. Our family is in Shock & in grief. My Heart is broken for my dear Sister. She is the kindest person. 

I`m so sorry to read that. My prayers to your Sister and the rest of the family.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel for you. We lost our part Maine Coon cat of 20 years in June. She lived a long, good life. She brought us so much joy. She would talk in serveral vocal "syllables"  and follow you around like a dog! I wish you comfort and soltace in the memories of a great friend. The pain heals,. but the scar remains in memory.