Gibson Brands Forums

The minister looks familiar

jaxson50

Yep - saw them on AGT a week or so ago.  They're really good -  hope the At Least make the finals.   A breath of fresh air like this is what  'country' needs today.  Half of it seems to be whiny male singers who are not really 'country',  but don't fit neatly in  Pop, Rap or Alternative. 

I first saw them  on AGT  as well, started following them, well, this video was made in 2020,  their first release was in 19, the two sisters started busking on the streets of New Orleans in 2014.

They have a lot of support and momentum.  An interviewer asked them why they play country, Danica replies,  "You don't choose Country music it's how we grew up, it's who we are."  

I don't care what you call it, I like it!

18 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Could you elaborate on this statement?   What do you mean by " White Chip revival."

When an AA member (Alcoholics Anonymous) falls off the wagon and gets drunk, they show up to the next meeting and ask for a white chip. 

The white poker chip is the 1st of many chips that AA members collect. 
White to start or renew a commitment to sobriety;

yellow for 30 days;

red for 90 days;

blue for six months;

green for nine months;

and a bronze chip for one or more years, and so on for the following years. 

APB-2.jpg?v-cache=1643719261

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparquelito said:

When an AA member (Alcoholics Anonymous) falls off the wagon and gets drunk, they show up to the next meeting and ask for a white chip. 

The white poker chip is the 1st of many chips that AA members collect. 
White to start or renew a commitment to sobriety;

yellow for 30 days;

red for 90 days;

blue for six months;

green for nine months;

and a bronze chip for one or more years, and so on for the following years. 

APB-2.jpg?v-cache=1643719261

Ah now I get it cause the girl were drinking. Looks like the bigger one did not like the taste of whiskey straight out of the bottle. Maybe one of those new alcoholic fruit flavored seltzers are more her jam.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Ah now I get it cause the girl were drinking. Looks like the bigger one did not like the taste of whiskey straight out of the bottle. Maybe one of those new alcoholic fruit flavored seltzers are more her jam.

I'm a white chip kind of guy I guess.  Can't deal with those fruity seltzer spritzer girly drinks.  I understand some people don't like the taste of actual 'beer'.  My problem is - if what I'm drinking tastes too good, I'll drink more of it than I want, but not realize it until tomorrow morning.  Drinking whisky straight keeps me honest.    While we're at it - I also can't deal with jeans that look like they were torn apart at a Monster Truck Rally.  If you have nice legs (like the two above obviously do)  just wear cutoff jeans.  Sort of like 'relicing' a guitar.   I don't think I've ever seen a blue color worker with honest wear jeans that had more that patches sewn on the knees.    But - these girls are musicians, and musicians do have to wear 'costumes' that support the music they're playing.   Just don't want to see anyone here with jeans torn to shreds drinking raspberry infused malt liquor.