Gibson Brands Forums

F This Dude

Sgt. Pepper

How about warning us before we buy tickets. When I go to a rock concert I want to see a band play music not some old sad wanker spew political BS. I can get that 24/7 anytime anywhere. Your English Roger, go back to England and tell your countrymen and women how you feel about the Crown and your countries politics and shut up about mine as I’m an American, and the rest of the worlds too.

https://loudwire.com/roger-waters-explains-opening-warning-statement-start-current-concerts/

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

I would have kicked that crazy old fart out of the band, too.

I guess when you are huge rock band making loads of cash you will put up with a lot of internal band BS to keep the money coming in. None of the Floyd solo stuff is as impressive as what they did a group. I can listen to Floyd from Meddle to The Wall. The rest I can live without ever hearing ever again.

How many times do you say to yourself, I would really love to hear this song on repeat. I don't really think its a song though.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

If you open the link and read about Mr. I'm More Important Than Drake and The Weekend (and who isn't), they start talking about rising ticket prices what some artist did about it in the past. Well, guess who is on there. Mr. New Jersey himself. Here is the direct quote form the net:

When The Boss decided to perform 79 solo acoustic shows as part of "Springsteen on Broadway," he knew that the intimate experience would be bought out by scalpers if he didn't do anything about it.
He turned to Ticketmaster's Verified Fan program, which vets the ticket purchasers and then sends them a unique code to use to purchase a certain amount of tickets. Approximately only 3 percent of tickets from the tour ended up on third-party ticket reselling websites according to Rolling Stone.

Now some of his tix for the 2023 tour are going for 4k. F that dude too. And his manager Jon Landau is justifying it, (of course he because he is gonna get his cut), and Bruce is silent on the matter. He usually likes to run his mouth, but his isn't about politics so I guess he has nothing to say.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, kidblast said:

wait?

Roger who????????????

sorry  don't recognize the name...  don't care either..  

Roger Glover - No he was a Purple guy

Roger Hodgson - No he was a Tramp

Roger Taylor - No he was a Queen

Roger McGuinn - No Roger was his middle name, and he was a Byrd

Roger Daultry - No Who is he anyway

Roger Osbourne - No he's a Melvin

Roger Earl - No he was a Fog guy

Roger Fisher - No, but he a big Heart

Roger Trountman - No, but he did want to be your man

I'm out of Rogers

Roger that.

There's just such a difference, what's left of Pink Floyd came out with a single supporting Ukraine and there's Waters saying it's their fault they're being shoved into mobile crematoriums.   He should trying reading a book...

David Gilmour's Live At Pompeii is excellent if anyone is looking for something to watch (or buy a new box set of albums).    The Live At Gdansk isn't bad, either.  He's really an impressive guy, no flubbed notes with him.

Nick Mason's A Saucerfull Of Secrets is also pretty good.

I won't be buying any Roger Waters stuff, he's way, way, way too important for someone as lowly as me.  Plus I can't understand the lyrics as he has his head up his ***.

Edited by SteveFord
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How about warning us before we buy tickets. When I go to a rock concert I want to see a band play music not some old sad wanker spew political BS. I can get that 24/7 anytime anywhere. Your English Roger, go back to England and tell your countrymen and women how you feel about the Crown and your countries politics and shut up about mine as I’m an American, and the rest of the worlds too.

https://loudwire.com/roger-waters-explains-opening-warning-statement-start-current-concerts/

Did you buy a ticket Joel?

I agree about his opinionated politics. I really don't wish to be preached to. From his own point of view, he seems to be saying that his politics are part of the package. That it informs his music.

I enjoyed listening to Several Species again. I used to quote the Scottish rant at the end in my youth. A lot of the old stuff aren't songs though.

How would you feel about an American spouting off the same way? Is it about who has right to say stuff, or is it about bad manners?

48 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

....and the usual stalker...

Yep...  with some members here  - all they have to see is a leaf blowing across their lawn and they think  "SQUIRREL".      It is people just like Waters who have made forced 'politics' into every fabric of our lives.   Can't even go to a concert without being told,  'if you don't like my politics - leave, or shut up and don't annoy those here who do'.   Pretty arrogant after he's gotten paid to sing and already cashed the check.    He basically is saying  "I'm smarter than everyone else in the stadium."   Wowsers ! 

• Thanks 1

Had no idea he was a politician.

I assume by "Roger's politics" he means "Roger's opinions". Whatever they are. Guessing they're misguided since he's been sheltered from the real world for almost his entire life.

Or maybe that's why they're valid? No idea.

Edited by Pinch
Don't need a reason
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Did you buy a ticket Joel?

I agree about his opinionated politics. I really don't wish to be preached to. From his own point of view, he seems to be saying that his politics are part of the package. That it informs his music.

I enjoyed listening to Several Species again. I used to quote the Scottish rant at the end in my youth. A lot of the old stuff aren't songs though.

How would you feel about an American spouting off the same way? Is it about who has right to say stuff, or is it about bad manners?

Last time I saw Rog was  on the Radio KAOS Tour. It was good. The Pros And Cons Tour was better.

American should shut up about political stuff that goes on outside the USA too. Its not your country or problem to fix. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

18 hours ago, jvi said:

go ahead and sing, BUT only what we want to hear, OPINION is upsetting  ....( if its not "ours" )  emoji that !  laugh out loud....

Its not what his politics are that is the issue here. He can have his own opinion on anything, I got no issues with that. When you pay money for concert you are going the with the expectation that you are going to hear at least one person or a band play music. Sure a band may tell an interesting story about what the song is about, but there is no need to talk politics at a concert.

JVC here is the definition of a concert in case you have never seen one:

A musical performance given in public, typically by several performers or of several separate compositions.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pinch said:

Had no idea he was a politician.

I assume by "Roger's politics" he means "Roger's opinions". Whatever they are. Guessing they're misguided since he's been sheltered from the real world for almost his entire life.

Or maybe that's why they're valid? No idea.

He's an Englishman with a mouth that likes to tell you his opinions and political views. Tell me over a beer in a pub, not at a concert that I paid money for, and I was expecting to see music.

Now some Canadian guy is going to go well Sgt. Pepper states his views and opinions here. And here is the definition of a forum which is the place to do it:

A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It not what his politics are that is the issue here. He can have his own opinion on anything, I got no issues with that. When you pay money for concert you are going the with the expectation that you are going to hear at least one person or a band play music. Sure a band may tell an interesting story about what the song is about, but there is no need to talk politics at a concert.

JVC here is the definition of a concert in case you have never seen one:

A musical performance given in public, typically by several performers or of several separate compositions.

if you go to see a person or band that is opinionated AND you know the opinion and you dont like it  DONT BUY A TICKET !  - are you saying  you would stop people from saying and playing what they want ? 

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Roger Glover - No he was a Purple guy

Roger Hodgson - No he was a Tramp

Roger Taylor - No he was a Queen

Roger McGuinn - No Roger was his middle name, and he was a Byrd

Roger Daultry - No Who is he anyway

Roger Osbourne - No he's a Melvin

Roger Earl - No he was a Fog guy

Roger Fisher - No, but he a big Heart

Roger Trountman - No, but he did want to be your man

I'm out of Rogers

So how 'bout----

Roger Miller--king of the road

Roger Taylor--Queen drummer

Roger Moore--actor who played James Bond in a few flicks

Roger Whittaker--  King of U.S. record offers

Roger Hodgson--Supertramp

Help ya any?  [wink]

Sure.  Paying what they charge for concert tickets lately only to hear some limey poser blather about what HE thinks is better for OUR country does make his suggestion to "**** off to the bar" sound advice.  But then as an American, I'm free to advise him to just **** off.

Whitefang

7 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

So how 'bout----

Roger Miller--king of the road

Roger Taylor--Queen drummer

Roger Moore--actor who played James Bond in a few flicks

Roger Whittaker--  King of U.S. record offers

Roger Hodgson--Supertramp

Help ya any?  [wink]

Sure.  Paying what they charge for concert tickets lately only to hear some limey poser blather about what HE thinks is better for OUR country does make his suggestion to "**** off to the bar" sound advice.  But then as an American, I'm free to advise him to just **** off.

Whitefang

I was only doing musicians. I missed Roger Miller, and if you can read go back and look, I did have Queens drummer on my list, and Supertramp's singer/guitarist as well.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1