Gibson Brands Forums

A Fitting Song Reflecting The Current State Of Affairs In Politics, (let the games begin!)

DanvillRob

Your "B" string sounded a bit flat  [wink] (nah, just funnin')

It was probably due more to my cheezy computer speakers, but I couldn't make out all the lyrics.  Post 'em here and I'll gladly give it another listen.  It's  a fun tune to listen to and probably play too.  [thumbup]

Whitefang

49 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Your "B" string sounded a bit flat  [wink] (nah, just funnin')

It was probably due more to my cheezy computer speakers, but I couldn't make out all the lyrics.  Post 'em here and I'll gladly give it another listen.  It's  a fun tune to listen to and probably play too.  [thumbup]

Whitefang

Yeah...I had a hard time understanding the lyrics too...and I sang the damn thing!

Here are my charts:

298194995_767039781111503_82054204525324297586449_490457246254388_41601871717411

• Confused 1

Very nice Rob! Great lyrics. And nice harmonies with yourself.  I especially liked the little instrumental part half way through and at the end. You are a fine guitar picker to say the least!

I also noticed that you don't live to far from me. I live in Sacramento. Just the next county over. [smile]

20 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Very nice Rob! Great lyrics. And nice harmonies with yourself.  I especially liked the little instrumental part half way through and at the end. You are a fine guitar picker to say the least!

I also noticed that you don't live to far from me. I live in Sacramento. Just the next county over. [smile]

Is it 118 in Sacto today? That place gets hot. My aunt, uncle and cousin live there. Last time I was in Sacto was in 1986 for a Dead show at the outside Arco place.

Nice job Rob.

37 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is it 118 in Sacto today? That place gets hot. My aunt, uncle and cousin live there. Last time I was in Sacto was in 1986 for a Dead show at the outside Arco place.

Nice job Rob.

No, it's supposed to be 92. But it does get hot here. It cools off significantly most nights though. We get a nice delta breeze from the San. Fran. Bay and it can go down 30+ degrees when the sun goes down. 

Did you see them at Cal Expo? That is an outdoor venue here in Sac. Arco is all indoors and is not around anymore. It has closed. In fact, I think Cal Expo no longer has concerts anymore.

I was there on May 20th 1992. I still have some matches that sombody gave me while there. It was the only time I have seen them live. It was a great show and I will always treasure that experience. I moved here in 1986. 

iBjVneS.jpg?2                  6qSOT1l.jpg

1 hour ago, brad1 said:

Thanks, Brad... not too far!

I'm far from a 'fine guitar picker'..... but I know my way around a guitar.....can't play some chords I used to use, (Arthritis), but I still do okay.

I thought it was a fun song!

47 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice job Rob.

Thanks Pep!   It sure does get hot there..... but it gets plenty hot in Danville too..... that's why I own 4 air conditioners!

I often go to dog shows in Sacramento....and pass through there even more often....but other than that, I never go.

6 minutes ago, brad1 said:

No, it's supposed to be 92. But it does get hot here. It cools off significantly most nights though. We get a nice delta breeze from the San. Fran. Bay and it can go down 30+ degrees when the sun goes down. 

Did you see them at Cal Expo? That is an outdoor venue here in Sac. Arco is all indoors and is not around anymore. It has closed. In fact, I think Cal Expo no longer has concerts anymore.

I was there on May 20th 1992. I still have some matches that sombody gave me while there. It was the only time I have seen them live. It was a great show and I will always treasure that experience. I moved here in 1986. 

I saw The Eagles in Sacramento back in about 1975 or 1976....but I'll be darned if I can remember where.

2 hours ago, brad1 said:

That was it Cal Expo. It was outside. It was raining when the Dead started, and they came out, and opened with Cold, Rain, And Snow and the the clouds parted and the sun came out for the rest of the show. I saw them 14 times (every time in Cali except once when I was stationed in Great Lakes), and I saw The JGB once. Jerry was at the Warfield in SF. In '92 I was stationed in Hawai'i. The last time I saw The Dead was in '94 a year before he passed away.

The saying is true "There is nothing like a Dead show". But towards the end, lots of young girls would flock to the show to get tie dyed shirts, and patchouli oil started to make it kind of a drag at times. There were some there, that just wanted to say they were at a Dead show. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

Thanks Pep!   It sure does get hot there..... but it gets plenty hot in Danville too..... that's why I own 4 air conditioners!

I often go to dog shows in Sacramento....and pass through there even more often....but other than that, I never go.

I miss the Bay Area, but since I was forced to move to Puerto Rico in 2000 when I got transferred there, since I am not Bill Gates, I can not afford to live there anymore. 

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I miss the Bay Area, but since I was forced to move to Puerto Rico in 2000 when I got transferred there, since I am not Bill Gates, I can not afford to live there anymore. 

I pretty solid case can  be made that California Real Estate is the CHEAPEST place to buy a house!

'Course you have scrounge up a down payment....but after that..... you're on easy street!

3 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I pretty solid case can  be made that California Real Estate is the CHEAPEST place to buy a house!

'Course you have scrounge up a down payment....but after that..... you're on easy street!

Can you tell me what strain your smoking, it must be really good. I couldn't afford a cardboard box in San Ysidro aka Tijuana North.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Can you tell me what strain your smoking, it must be really good. I couldn't afford a cardboard box in San Ysidro aka Tijuana North.

I can go through my history all the way back to 1972.... but let me start in 1986.... I bought an 'Executive House' for $186K.   Put maybe 20% down.   Lived there 7 years..... house appreciated like 8% a year.... so the $186K grew to about $319K.   I sold it for $330K    Now, I didn't earn $144K on $186K.... I earned $144K or MY money, which was closer to $30K,  (11 times my money).   NOT a bad investment!    I then bought my current house for $570K.   To be fair, I put $450K down....so I was working with mostly my money, not the bank's.   But I've been here 28 years....my house is now worth in the neighborhood of $3.5M    Using money that I made on California Real Estate, (I sold some other properties to give me the $450K down payment).   Considering I had to pay SOMETHING over the years to live somewhere..... I consider I didn't pay anything to earn the $3.5M home I have today, (it's paid for now.....so I just sit on it 'till they take me out feet first.   How much cheaper than "better that free" can you get?

1 hour ago, DanvillRob said:

I can go through my history all the way back to 1972.... but let me start in 1986.... I bought an 'Executive House' for $186K.   Put maybe 20% down.   Lived there 7 years..... house appreciated like 8% a year.... so the $186K grew to about $319K.   I sold it for $330K    Now, I didn't earn $144K on $186K.... I earned $144K or MY money, which was closer to $30K,  (11 times my money).   NOT a bad investment!    I then bought my current house for $570K.   To be fair, I put $450K down....so I was working with mostly my money, not the bank's.   But I've been here 28 years....my house is now worth in the neighborhood of $3.5M    Using money that I made on California Real Estate, (I sold some other properties to give me the $450K down payment).   Considering I had to pay SOMETHING over the years to live somewhere..... I consider I didn't pay anything to earn the $3.5M home I have today, (it's paid for now.....so I just sit on it 'till they take me out feet first.   How much cheaper than "better that free" can you get?

Try that moving there today form out of state. 

Yeah my parents bought a house in SJ in 1971. It was 59k. Sold it after 2000. Sold for 3/4 of a million. Well someone had to come up with the 3/4 of a mil. If my parents wanted to move there then, it would have been a  big - NOPE.

36 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Try that moving there today form out of state. 

Yeah my parents bought a house in SJ in 1971. It was 59k. Sold it after 2000. Sold for 3/4 of a million. Well someone had to come up with the 3/4 of a mil. If my parents wanted to move there then, it would have been a  big - NOPE.

Pep….I checked the math…..my house only appreciated 6.5% per year since I bought it….not the California historic 8% per year!

but it doesn’t matter…..I ain’t selling.   
another interesting thing….property taxes in California are about 1.25% to 1.5% of the purchase price.    So, if someone bought my house now, they’d owe @ $87.5k per year in property taxes.   But…because of Proposition 13, my property taxes can only go up 2% a year (maximum)….so I only pay @ $11k.

22 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

Yeah...I had a hard time understanding the lyrics too...and I sang the damn thing!

Here are my charts:

298194995_767039781111503_82054204525324297586449_490457246254388_41601871717411

Well, if I had a stronger magnifying glass maybe I could read that!    I tried resizing the image,  but the larger it got, the fuzzier it got.   You might have to retype it all in a post.

Thanks for trying though.

Whitefang

10 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Well, if I had a stronger magnifying glass maybe I could read that!    I tried resizing the image,  but the larger it got, the fuzzier it got.   You might have to retype it all in a post.

Thanks for trying though.

Whitefang

Does this work?

I Bought Myself A Politician

MonaLisa Twins

C                   E            Am     A7

I bought myself a politician

F                             A7                Dm

'Cause I have never said I'd play it fair

E                    E7

They're currently on sale

Am

Just picked them up from Yale

F                                          G

They're even cheaper if you take a pair

C                     E                    Am    A7

And on a whim I also bought the opposition

F                   A7                      Dm

It's better to be safe, you never know

E7

And then for even less

Am

I also bought the press

F                     G                      C

To wrap it up and I was good to go

Chorus:                                   E

Who would have thought that no one dared

E7                         Am

To stop me on my joyride? (Oh, what a joyride)

E                                               

Who would have thought that I could bring

E7                       Am

The whole world to its knees?

F#

And now the time has come to buy my

F#                    Bm

Way into the limelight (Just got the time right)

C               E7                  Am         G

As universal scientist and generous philanthropist

C                           D                   G

My shopping list confirms my expertise

C             E               Am     A7

I bought myself a politician

F                             A7                  Dm

'Cause I have never said I'll play it fair

E                        E7

If they are not on sale

Am

I pick them up from jail

F                       G                    C

It doesn't hurt to have a few to spare

Bridge:     C - E7 - Am - F – A7 - Dm - E7 - Am - F - G - C

Chorus

C                       E                      Am     A7

If you look closely you can see I'm on a mission

F                        A7                   Dm

There's something that I really wanna do

E

I’m promising you health

Am

I'll save you from yourself

F

That's how I'm gonna try (that's how I'm gonna try)

Dm

To get you to comply (to get you to comply)

F                                   

Might even have to lie

G                                C

so that you will let me buy you too                     

Outro:  C - E - Am - F – A7 - Dm - E - Am - F - G - C

• Thanks 1