Gibson Brands Forums

House Of Dragons

Sgt. Pepper

I thought it was ok.. Just more of the same really.. I think if you liked Game of Thrones you should like this...... The first episode introduces new characters and sets up a new power struggle.. 

And yeah. Matt Smith takes a bit of getting used too.. Hes somewhat of an over actor but can be really good when he wants to be.

I think Daemon Targaryen gave up too easily when his niece the dragon riding princess challenged him for possession of the dragon egg.

I enjoyed this episode more than the first which mostly established Matt Smiths characters masculinity.

Edited by mihcmac

I watched the second episode. It was a bit of a slow one, as there was no a-ss humpin' I could remember, and I did anyone get killed? Its pretty lame, and just a cash grab from the last show. At least there was no Starbucks coffee in the shots.

I think when you have a dragon 50 feet away from you, even if you have a lot of guys with swords behind you, its may best to back down, or become Dr. Who BBQ.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I saw ep #1 yesterday. I was not expecting much because of the comments here. So it was better than expected, but not great.

I don't know why they went for the Tolkieneque elf look for Matt Smith. 

That is how elf's have to look in tv and movies. I think its some sort of tv/movie law.

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Ah, elves now have a default standard!

Its the same with those small grey aliens with the big heads. 

Exactly, and aliens like a-ss's too, but they like to do rectal exams.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Watched both episodes, not too impressed so far.  Special effects are cool when the dragons themselves are on screen, but so far this series is a lot more "soap opera" and a lot less action than the original series was.  First episode had a good "tournament" with some action, but the second was  pretty quite.   Seems to be less character development that the original series

Edited by Twang Gang

3 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

Watched both episodes, not too impressed so far.  Special effects are cool when the dragons themselves are on screen, but so far this series is a lot more "soap opera" and a lot less action than the original series was.  First episode had a good "tournament" with some action, but the second was  pretty quite.   Seems to be less character development that the original series

The first one was jam packed with action. Did we see the same episode? The was jousting, peoples head getting bashed in, and who could forget all the arse humpin'?