Gibson Brands Forums

House Of Dragons

Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

This thread has turned into a real disappointment.  You guys are kind of making it sound like dragons and elves don’t even exist.  

There are no elves any more since R J Dio passed away. Dragons are in that role playing game the kids with no friends played.

14 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

This thread has turned into a real disappointment.  You guys are kind of making it sound like dragons and elves don’t even exist.  

Elves have found it easier if they self-identify as Munchkins.  They get hang out with witches instead of dragons. 

So far, I'm liking it.  They are skipping some years though.  They went from a pregnant Queen to an infant son's 2nd Name Day, which I'm guessing was his 2nd Birthday.  Anxious to see how the Dragon Family develops over the years.  Love that the princess is coming of age in the 4th episode.  I don't know how many Seasons they are planning, but I hope, by the end , they catch up the 200 years to the Game of Thrones.

Yeah.. I am much preferring this to the Rings of Power..

I was wondering when I first saw the princess if they were going to get her to undress in the usual GOT tradition... Even though I thought surely not, she looked way too young for that...  Turns out shes  actually 22 so well in the safe zone  😄

I am enjoying The Rings of Power, the writers seem to doing it in a Tolkien-esk style of dividing the characters into multiple story lines, hopefully they will present more exciting meat along the way.

The Dragons story seems to be focusing on the King the Uncle and the Princess, going from mundane to intense in an instant, also leaping a few years between episodes. I have found it to be very entertaining so far.

4 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I am enjoying The Rings of Power, the writers seem to doing it in a Tolkien-esk style of dividing the characters into multiple story lines, hopefully they will present more exciting meat along the way.

The Dragons story seems to be focusing on the King the Uncle and the Princess, going from mundane to intense in an instant, also leaping a few years between episodes. I have found it to be very entertaining so far.

This is the thing I think people dont get or forget about...  Even with worlds that we are familiar with, new TV shows can take a good season to really flesh the characters out and get the story going, Both shows certainly have great promise if nothing else.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 9:18 PM, Rabs said:

This is the thing I think people dont get or forget about...  Even with worlds that we are familiar with, new TV shows can take a good season to really flesh the characters out and get the story going, Both shows certainly have great promise if nothing else.

That can be a problem too. I watched ten or so episodes of Stranger Things, then stopped for a while, and now I'd need to read up to get back into it. 

9 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Dragon episode 5 seems to have cleaned house on a lot of story lines anded some new intrigue, who is this princess anyway? Not the sweet little butterfly she started out to be.

What do you want a Rom/Com? And if so, watch a movie with Matthew McConnahey and J Lo. If you want show about people backstabbing and fighting with swords and Dragons, then watch HOTD.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 9/21/2022 at 5:20 AM, Rabs said:

I may be wrong.. But I saw the trailer for next weeks episode..  Looks like they may be jumping ahead 10 years and from what I saw there may be a new actress for the dragon princess.

You were correct episode 6 is another 10 years down the road with a few new female faces. I hope they let the characters develop for a while. I do like seeing the CGI Dragons, which seem to be improving.

I'm finding it dreadfully dull. It's like a medieval soap opera all about the kings heir. Total bore-fest.

The Rings of Power is getting a lot more interesting and now that it's finished introducing the characters and world building. Finding myself now looking forward to a new episode every Friday.

I'm giving House of Dragons two more episodes to get its sh*t together or I'm out.

I've seen all the episodes now, and it's getting better.  It does skip around quite a bit and they have changed some actresses as they have aged.  Nice that the princess had her gay husband murdered and married her uncle.  Maybe all the inbreeding is what led to the "Mad King" in GOThrones 😮

8 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

I've seen all the episodes now, and it's getting better.  It does skip around quite a bit and they have changed some actresses as they have aged.  Nice that the princess had her gay husband murdered and married her uncle.  Maybe all the inbreeding is what led to the "Mad King" in GOThrones 😮

If you don't have a sexually confused character your show will not be aired in this uber LBGTQ+ era.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper