Gibson Brands Forums

1xGibson4xFenders

Alan Thorne

Hi my name is Alan located in Australia.As the title suggests that’s what I own,an SG and 4Strats plus about 10 other guitars.I have never owned a Les Paul except an Ibanez Gold Top copy back in the early 80s which I wish I still had.Do later day Gibsons still have headstock breakage problems.My SG(early 70s) has been repaired and seems fine after ten years of semi Townsend abuse.Secondly my late workmate ordered direct from the factory a Les Paul Supreme in 2012.He never played it and he hadn’t played since the early 70s .He just took out of the case looked at it and filed it away.After he passed I saw it for the first time and probably fiddled with for a few minutes but never plugged it in.His son has it now (he doesn’t play)and would like to sell it.Is Reverb the way to go?

17 hours ago, Alan Thorne said:

Hi my name is Alan located in Australia.As the title suggests that’s what I own,an SG and 4Strats plus about 10 other guitars.I have never owned a Les Paul except an Ibanez Gold Top copy back in the early 80s which I wish I still had.Do later day Gibsons still have headstock breakage problems.My SG(early 70s) has been repaired and seems fine after ten years of semi Townsend abuse.Secondly my late workmate ordered direct from the factory a Les Paul Supreme in 2012.He never played it and he hadn’t played since the early 70s .He just took out of the case looked at it and filed it away.After he passed I saw it for the first time and probably fiddled with for a few minutes but never plugged it in.His son has it now (he doesn’t play)and would like to sell it.Is Reverb the way to go?

Reverb is okay, it used to be much better. With the government getting involved, and making internet sales taxable, and the fees Reverb charges for the use of their site is a call you need to make. 

On 9/1/2022 at 6:29 PM, Alan Thorne said:

Do later day Gibsons still have headstock breakage problems.?

Any guitar with the 45 degree angle from the nut back will be prone to a head stock break if it hits the floor or has any hard impact.

It's the weakest point of the entire instrument.

here's where a picture is worth 1,000 words.

2kAsQHw.jpg

Edited by kidblast