Gibson Brands Forums

Sad day

Guitar God

Sorry for your loss. Wifey and I recently lost our Basset to heat stroke outside this summer. You're in TN, I'm in KY, so you know how it was.

Always had a soft for labs. The connection you get is deep. So loyal, kind, and understanding of every mood. They have that look that makes one melt.

Do you have a younger pic of Jake? I'd love to see.

EDIT,

maybe at a later time.

Edited by CROWB8
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CROWB8 said:

Sorry for your loss. Wifey and I recently lost our Basset to heat stroke outside this summer. You're in TN, I'm in KY, so you know how it was.

Always had a soft for labs. The connection you get is deep. So loyal, kind, and understanding of every mood. They have that look that makes one melt.

EDIT,

maybe at a later time.

Oh, man, I hate to hear that! So sorry for your loss! Basset's are cool dogs! Oh, yeah. Summer can get crazy down here.  Labs are great. Jake was for sure an awesome dog. One of the best I ever had. He was so gentle and loyal and loved everyone.  For real! He was an adorable puppy. I'll get some more pics. 

• Like 1

Geez, my dog died last Saturday… he was a 12yo 85lb gentle giant. Yeah it was hard to do the humane thing, but I know he’s not suffering anymore. I gave him the best life he could of had, but things like cancers and stuff can’t do much about. I hope you know @Guitar God that us here who know how much a dog can love their family, we sympathize with you greatly. It’s a hard loss to take, no doubt. Best wishes and it’ll get better in time. Remember the good times and what joy he brought you. 

• Like 2

@Guitar God I just got in from a walk with Milo the Golden Retreiver and found your post. It made me stop and give him a hug and a kiss. This serves as a reminder that we need to enjoy every little bit of time we have with them because, sadly, they're never around long enough.

I applaud you for doing right by Jake. It's never easy, even when it's the right thing to do. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

RIP Jake.

René

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss. Our daughter lost her boy last December. He was the brother of our dog and spent a lot of time with us. My wife still cries over him every week. The two boys would have turned 13 this past June. Ours isn't doing too bad. When we got him, I figured we both go about the same time so I wouldn't have to go through any loss but I'm having second thoughts about that. Treasure them while they're here.

Everett and Ozzy

Edited by Dave F
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Geez, my dog died last Saturday… he was a 12yo 85lb gentle giant. Yeah it was hard to do the humane thing, but I know he’s not suffering anymore. I gave him the best life he could of had, but things like cancers and stuff can’t do much about. I hope you know @Guitar God that us here who know how much a dog can love their family, we sympathize with you greatly. It’s a hard loss to take, no doubt. Best wishes and it’ll get better in time. Remember the good times and what joy he brought you. 

Chris,

Sorry for your loss.

All pets over time become family members and their loss is always traumatic. I hope that you and your family are comforted in some way by good memories of the "gentle giant".

RBSinTo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 2:25 AM, CROWB8 said:

EDIT,

maybe at a later time.

Here are a few younger pics of Jake.  I'll get some more up later.
DmmpPaV.jpg
aqXcrNI.jpg
xGWgCeD.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

Here are a few younger pics of Jake.  I'll get some more up later.
DmmpPaV.jpg
aqXcrNI.jpg
xGWgCeD.jpg

I often wondered. Are they pets? Are we owners? Do we raise them?

I think not. They adopt our atitudes and personalities. And we theirs.

They are family members.

RIP Jake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1