Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar pick -wich one???-

Rick

Seriously, Rick, nobody here can make up your mind for you. If it were me, I'd go for the SG - because I already have an LP and don't care for white guitars. That's *my* reasoning but you might love white guitars so that makes my point about me not liking white guitars completely useless.

They're all different guitars and any one of them can be used for multiple styles of music. Go out to a store, try out a bunch of guitars and pick the one that feels best to YOU.

that's the question.......

if you have to play AC/DC' date='Metallica,Led Zep,Judas Priest,Scorpions, Aerosmith and so on, what would you pick?? =D> =D>

[/quote']

If it were me, I would pick a BLACK Les Paul Standard. Les Pauls have been seen with every band you list except for maybe AC/DC, but even Angus plays a black 61 Reissue. And, you can beat black.

I'd go with the LP with the burst finish; alpine white won't sound right for AC/DC.

Whaddaya crazy? Malcolm Young played a Gretsch White Falcon for good while in that band... sho nuff white sounds good for AC/DC! But the bottom line is, I vote for the LP Studio because it's the only choice with the round 50s neck (my F'n favorite neck by faaaaaaarrrrr). An added bonus is that it looks fantastic. I think almost everybody else voted for the most expensive choice because it's the most expensive choice, IMHO.

Seriously' date=' Rick, nobody here can make up your mind for you. If it were me, I'd go for the SG - because I already have an LP and don't care for white guitars. That's *my* reasoning but you might love white guitars so that makes my point about me not liking white guitars completely useless.

They're all different guitars and any one of them can be used for multiple styles of music. Go out to a store, try out a bunch of guitars and pick the one that feels best to YOU.

[/quote']

I know, i played an SG special and I have a GOW Explorer.

Explorer is My favourite guitar, i love it, but i like SG and V.

unfortunatly gibson doesn't make a '84 reissue in unlimited run (i hate the pickguard on the Explorer,but..)

I never played a LP, only seen at the store (too expensive for me right now)

I have time till June-August 2009 to think about them, so if the owners of LP traditional,SG's and V's will make a video for explain me sound,look and so on, they're welcome ^^

i'm looking for the traditionals....they're lovable...

maybe i can put on my explorer the EMG's and keep the traditional for classic hard rock =D>

if you're thinking of buying a guitar just to put EMG's in it you might as well just get a cheaper $400 (or whatever you want to spend) guitar. IMO a les paul is too good of a guitar to put EMG's in.

if you're thinking of buying a guitar just to put EMG's in it you might as well just get a cheaper $400 (or whatever you want to spend) guitar. IMO a les paul is too good of a guitar to put EMG's in.

Guess I know, i will put EMG's no the explorer that i own if I buy a LP or a SG.

If i pick up a white V or explorer, I Will put the EMG's on it and keep my GOW explorer with passive PUs

Archived