Gibson Brands Forums

Here is my gear. (Now with pics!)

TinFish

im not a huge fan of the exposed pickups' date=' i dont know why but it just nags at me when i see it :S[/quote']

Neither am I to be honest. They certainly aren't as elegant as covered pickups. That's why I am thinking about selling my Special and spending $800 +/- on on a 498T, pickup covers, trapezoid inlays and neck binding. :-

That '61 is friggin beautiful...

Nice 61' date=' arnt they amazing?[/quote']

Thanks fella's, It's the nicest one I have ever laid my eyes on, and I inspect every one of them I come across.

Most of them have a woodgrain pattern that is very plain and boring, no character like on my 61 RI.

It's also the heaviest SG I have ever picked up, which to me is a good thing because it is still light in comparison to a Les Paul but, it balances quite well when I let it go and it has a much deeper tone than other SG's I have played.

im not a huge fan of the exposed pickups' date=' i dont know why but it just nags at me when i see it :S[/quote']

You know, to be honest, I'm not usually one either, but for some reason the tobacco burst + zebra is just really attractive to me. Dunno what it is, it just seems really unique and sort of like... I dunno, like the guitar is made to be played in some run down joint in like... Mississippi or Texas or Tennessee, grungy, dirty, with a red overcast to it. That style of guitar is screaming with character. Love it.

LPs are just WAY 2 HEAVY

Dont forget that the new 2008 Standard is "weight relieved" - for that very reason, because lots of folk agree with you. My first electric was an LP which I sold because of the weight - but now I am back on the LP wagon and plan on getting one within 12 months, if I can get the brass together by then.

Archived