TinFish

Here is my gear. (Now with pics!)

Chillin' on the couch.

61-RISG-S.jpg

Have you ever seen a nicer 61 RI?

61-RI.jpg

For sale:

SGSpecial.jpg

Remember to use a 90° angle plug on your SG's kids!

SG-SInput.jpg

What a beauty!

Yamaha.jpg

Father & Son.

MarshallTraynor.jpg

That's what they tell me...

I think I am down to three choices for my next guitar' date=' 2 are Les Pauls, but to be honest I am leaning toward another SG.

[img']http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/8/5/6/273856.jpg[/img]

561639.jpg

591706.jpg

Get a Les Paul or i will stomp on your foot.

im not a huge fan of the exposed pickups' date=' i dont know why but it just nags at me when i see it :S[/quote']

Neither am I to be honest. They certainly aren't as elegant as covered pickups. That's why I am thinking about selling my Special and spending $800 +/- on on a 498T, pickup covers, trapezoid inlays and neck binding. :-

That '61 is friggin beautiful...

Nice 61' date=' arnt they amazing?[/quote']

Thanks fella's, It's the nicest one I have ever laid my eyes on, and I inspect every one of them I come across.

Most of them have a woodgrain pattern that is very plain and boring, no character like on my 61 RI.

It's also the heaviest SG I have ever picked up, which to me is a good thing because it is still light in comparison to a Les Paul but, it balances quite well when I let it go and it has a much deeper tone than other SG's I have played.

im not a huge fan of the exposed pickups' date=' i dont know why but it just nags at me when i see it :S[/quote']

You know, to be honest, I'm not usually one either, but for some reason the tobacco burst + zebra is just really attractive to me. Dunno what it is, it just seems really unique and sort of like... I dunno, like the guitar is made to be played in some run down joint in like... Mississippi or Texas or Tennessee, grungy, dirty, with a red overcast to it. That style of guitar is screaming with character. Love it.

i would so love to have that sg special for my back up. i can't stand having to use my epi LP standard for Eb tuning live. but i need an amp more so i'll just have to wait even longer. nice collectioin.

LPs are just WAY 2 HEAVY

Dont forget that the new 2008 Standard is "weight relieved" - for that very reason, because lots of folk agree with you. My first electric was an LP which I sold because of the weight - but now I am back on the LP wagon and plan on getting one within 12 months, if I can get the brass together by then.