Gibson Brands Forums

Would you buy a 1959 les paul reissue off of ebay?

tom brown

There was a 1959 reissue on ebay a few days ago hovering around 2k.

These guys selling used historic and reissues seem to have decent feedback, but disappointment on a guitar is never a good thing , especially when it would max out my credit card....

But i have had a itch, i played one last december.

Anyone have any luck on ebay with gibsons ?

disappointment on a guitar is never a good thing ' date=' especially when it would max out my credit card....[/quote']

I think you have your answer right there. Unless the seller has a clear return policy, I wouldn't do it but, then again, I have an aversion to buying any guitar without being able to play it first.

A lot of people do it here...but you need to make sure it is isn't fake. If you find one you like' date=' just post it here and the guys will tell you if it is a good deal and whether it is legit.

[/quote']

Great advice here from Blue!

I bought my Custom LP from ebay....

Bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flight959

If I were ever to buy from e-bay ( I wont )...but if I was tempted, Id want alot of pictures. I dont just mean 4 or 5.

I mean shots of every part of the guitar in detail. I hate surprises, and if you receive the guitar and theres damage or its not real, then youve got some work ahead of you....and if its a fake do you think youll get replies to your

feedback?

just bought my custom off ebay (£1850) maybe not a bargain but a great guitar none the less, plays great we met halfway and i had a good look at it first, posted on here and emailed gibson europe and usa to verify all 3x came back positive.

be careful but no reason not to buy off there

I have bought a few guitars off ebay and have never had a problem.... One of them I paid big bucks for and I was sweating it until it arrived but in the end I got a great deal. I do research the sellers though.... Look at how many sales the seller has made before, how his feedback is and what he has been selling. A guy that has sold hundreds of high end guitars with good feedback wont risk his reputation on Ebay...

I bought my R9 off ebay 2 years ago. Paid $3550. it was 1 year old but like new.

but I called on the phone and talked to the seller before I bid.

I've bought 2 other Gibsons guitars off ebay also. A new supreme and new SG. The supreme was and is totally awesome. The SG was 2 lbs lighter than advertized and I got my money back.

I've also sold guitars on ebay, never had any problems. You just got to know how to do business.

GibsonR-901.jpg

I bought my R9 off ebay 2 years ago. Paid $3550. it was 1 year old but like new.

but I called on the phone and talked to the seller before I bid.

I've bought 2 other Gibsons guitars off ebay also. A new supreme and new SG. The supreme was and is totally awesome. The SG was 2 lbs lighter than advertized and I got my money back.

I've also sold guitars on ebay' date=' never had any problems. You just got to know how to do business.

[img']http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r156/Zipitup/GibsonR-901.jpg[/img]

Very nice, I got my 61 sg off ebay two months ago.

I asked about 20 questions, and emailed pics back and forth for about 3 days. I ended up getting a 2001 sg 61 reissue for 1050.

Very nice' date=' I got my 61 sg off ebay two months ago.

I asked about 20 questions, and emailed pics back and forth for about 3 days. I ended up getting a 2001 sg 61 reissue for 1050. [/quote']

Really $1050, thats a great price. It just so happens I also have a 61 SG, RI. I bought it new in 1998 and has always been my most favorite guitar. Only problem is I dropped her ( strap came off) and split the body where the necks joins. =D>

Really $1050' date=' thats a great price. It just so happens I also have a 61 SG, RI. I bought it new in 1998 and has always been my most favorite guitar. Only problem is I dropped her ( strap came off) and split the body where the necks joins. =P~ [/quote']

ouch, I have straplocks

Archived