Gibson Brands Forums

Pearl Jam

kantplayyet

Gun 'N' Roses was not like that back in their prime' date=' they teased the hell out of their hair just like everyone else in 1987. I saw them play in NYC back then before the broke big and there was plenty of Aquanet and leather pants present. [/quote']

Rich, whered ya see them in 87? At The Ritz? I was there for 2 of those shows. A buddy dragged me there after we were down on Bleecker St all day. They were some really good shows there. Crazy place. Ahh, were did 22 years go??

I'm not sure where it was, maybe the Roseland; all I know is that MTV supposedly taped the concert and broadcast it. I didn't actually go to see G'n'R, I was into EZO who opened for them that night. I ended up not seeing a heck of a lot of either band as I hooked up with some girl and we made out during most of the concert. lol!

EZO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXbAGW1zOSg

I'm not sure where it was' date=' maybe the Roseland; all I know is that MTV supposedly taped the concert and broadcast it. I didn't actually go to see G'n'R, I was into EZO who opened for them that night. I ended up not seeing a heck of a lot of either band as I hooked up with some girl and we made out during most of the concert. lol!

EZO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXbAGW1zOSg[/quote']

Holy poop, you were at the ritz. EZO opened, we caught the last 2 songs of those guys, never heard of them before that nite, then again I never heard of GnR either. I was wearin a black T-shirt. Did you see me? I was in the back by the bar. I think I saw you.

Holy poop' date=' you were at the ritz. EZO opened, we caught the last 2 songs of those guys, never heard of them before that nite, then again I never heard of GnR either. I was wearin a black T-shirt. Did you see me? I was in the back by the bar. I think I saw you.[/quote']

Dude! I totally saw you there! You were the guy with the bandanna! :)

Can't argue with that picture! Soundgarden...love 'em. I'm going to see Chris Cornell Monday night...

Cornell is an awesome singer with a totally unique voice. I didn't like Audioslave but his work with Soundgarden is just plain amazing.

Cornell is an awesome singer with a totally unique voice. I didn't like Audioslave but his work with Soundgarden is just plain amazing.

+1 - Some of the best vocals in rock music on those Soundgarden albums.

Archived