Gibson Brands Forums

MCK Issue?

mswessel

Good morning all!

Anyone have this issue with their MCK yet?

I just received my DF back from Repair about 2 weeks ago. All was fine until last Sunday. I noticed that the back of the guitar "G" through the body was flashing red. Naturally I assumed I needed to charge my battery. When I plugged in tonight I pulled out the MCK to tune and I have 3 flashing yellow bars on the MCK and that's it! No letters, banks, or colors. I've had it charging now for about 30 min and same thing.

Thoughts???

M-

mswessel,

Try the following:

1) Open the back plate of the electronic pocket, locate the battery and disconnect the RED wire at its plug, where the wire is thicker. Wait 1 minute and reconnect the wire, reorganize the battery and close the backplate.

Take care!! Do not damage other components!!

2) Charge the guitar. Make sure to use a short TRS cable.

After 90 min. (keep charging!) pull the MCK, turn to "C", press and hold down for 3 sec.

The matrix should display that its charging (two red, two yellow and two green bars and so on...).

Tronical

You pay. We tune.

Thank you for the input. To answer the above question mine was 4 wks turn time from door to door.

Tronical...I let my DF die completely...came back the next day and first plugged the TRS cable into the RIP box...then into my DF. I pulled up the MCK and it worked. I charged the guitar for 2 days! To be safe??? I tried the guitar again today and seemed fine. Remind me please...how can I tell I have a full battery? I'm going to check my manual this evening. We'll see what happens. I have kept your instructions just incase, but I hope I wont need them.

M-

Thank you for the input. To answer the above question mine was 4 wks turn time from door to door.

M-

Thank you, and thank you Elantric for your responce. I asked because mine's been there for 10 weeks now so I'm trying to get an idea of how long various RMA's have taken.

mswessel,

Here is how to check the battery level:

1-pull MCK and turn to "C"

2- press down and hold for 3 seconds.

The dot matrix in the center of the MCK displays the charge level:

- two red, two yellow and two green bars= full

- two red bars, one yellow bar = half

- one or two red bars = charge required

- 3 or 4 yellow bars = charge immediately

Tronical

You play. We tune.

Archived