Gibson Brands Forums

very quick help needed from the ES Experts

xxxlshane

That crack in the neck is a MAJOR ISSUE!! If you want it for a player it's probably a great guitar but it's resale value is shot.... Be sure to ask if the break has been repaired and if it's stable now and if it affects the playability or stability of the tuning.... A well repaired neck can be stronger that original and make a great player guitar if it's done right...

Yes, major issue.

Look at the headstock/neck repair in the last picture, and stated in the desription. This is the typical Gibson headstock snap (although the grain carried it a little further down the neck than usual), and I would never knowingly buy a guitar that has had this problem.

There are plenty of 335's out there to buy that haven't had major repairs as this, I wouldn't touch this one.

Thanks for the quick input. The neck crack / repair concerns me as well.

Can damage like this EVER be repaired to the point where it is back to original???

Here is the quote from the ebay add that he made regarding the neck.

.... and has had its neck repaired after a crack developed. The finish still has great color and luster for its age. Guitar still plays well and sounds great! ....

Is this price low enough to account for this damage?

Thanks again.

THANKS FOR SAVING ME GUYS....I am not going to touch this one.

Still on the look out...like most of us..

God Bless.

Happy Easter...He Is Risen!

I think you have made the right choice. A neck break can be repaired but like Daveinspain said the resale value would be greatly effected. Slash has broken the neck twice on one of his LP's.... He thinks it sounded better each time it got repaired...

Keep hunting!

Flight959

A 1967 Gibson ES-335 for under $2' date='000? Seems like the resale value has already been affected. Don't those normally sell for big money? I don't know guys, I think this thing can only appreciate.[/quote']

maybe for it's parts only.... Neck break was real bad....

Archived