Gibson Brands Forums

Refresh My Memory ?

Murph

I'm doing a fundraiser later this month with local musicians, and (for ease for the soundguy and quick stage swap-outs) will be using the built in UST in either my J-45 or J-15.

What are they?

I think the 2003 J-45RW (ebony) was an LR Baggs unit, but have no idea what model it was. I haven't used it in years, have been mic'ing with an SM-57. Put a fresh 9volt in it the last time I re-strung and tested it the other day. Hell, it sounds pretty darned good.

Same with the 2017 J-15. A Fishman maybe? Fresh battery and it works fine too, it actually has a little volume knob hidden in the sound hole, the J-45 doesn't.

Help me out here guys. I just know somebody during those hours is going to ask me...

"Hey, what pickup do you have in that thing?" and I hate to be that guy who doesn't know!

23 hours ago, Murph said:

I'm doing a fundraiser later this month with local musicians, and (for ease for the soundguy and quick stage swap-outs) will be using the built in UST in either my J-45 or J-15.

What are they?

I think the 2003 J-45RW (ebony) was an LR Baggs unit, but have no idea what model it was. I haven't used it in years, have been mic'ing with an SM-57. Put a fresh 9volt in it the last time I re-strung and tested it the other day. Hell, it sounds pretty darned good.

Same with the 2017 J-15. A Fishman maybe? Fresh battery and it works fine too, it actually has a little volume knob hidden in the sound hole, the J-45 doesn't.

Help me out here guys. I just know somebody during those hours is going to ask me...

"Hey, what pickup do you have in that thing?" and I hate to be that guy who doesn't know!

Just tell them your guitar tech takes care of that. I just play the thing. Do pro athletes care about the technical aspects of the jersey they are wearing from whatever company makes it?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper