Gibson Brands Forums

Hardshell Case for a Gibson Nighthawk

calorie

Hi All

I am a newbie here. I own a Gibson Nighthawk that came with a softshell gig bag. I want to get a hardshell case for it, but can't seem to find one in any of the music stores I have been in. Anyone have any suggestions about what kind of case could fit a Nighthawk?

Those are hard as hell to find...

It's kinda ghetto but I'd buy a used Epi Les Paul case for $50, then use some black cotton tshirts or socks to pad the gaps. I got a great deal on my 1st Les Paul partly cuz the case was missing, so I used a case made for an acoustic guitar & stuffed the gaps with dark socks. Yknow, I think the guitar was better protected doing that then it is now in the 'correct' case!

If you need a case immediately so you can go on tour or for gig load ins, I'd go with my idea. It could take quite a while to find a nighthawk/blueshawk case. Hope this helps.

Those are hard as hell to find...

It's kinda ghetto but I'd buy a used Epi Les Paul case for $50' date=' then use some black cotton tshirts or socks to pad the gaps. [/quote']

I'm from the UK, just wondering what "ghetto" means in this sense? I'm sure we're not into racism on a classy forum such as this.

http://theharbinger.wordpress.com/2008/02/08/ghetto-is-not-an-adjective/

I grew up in a ghetto & ate government cheese. ...And I got an education. Whoever wrote that piece is clearly a bourgeois ******. It has always been the poor who change language - and it trickles 'up' to the middle & upper classes, sometimes with alarming effects, as your source indicates. The poor aren't suckered into hegemonic slang usage imitating the middle class, it's the middle class that imitates the poor. You're from the UK? How much slang do *lily white* Englishmen pick up from Jamaican reggae or hip hop culture? The language isn't racist, it's all in the person doing the speaking. In New Orleans, you bet your brilliantly white British heinie that black brothers call each other out on being 'ghetto' all damn day long. And if my friend Melvin (who is ghetto as all outdoors, like I have been known to be from time to time) happenned to see a white boy pulling a Gibson Nighthawk out of a Les Paul case lined with sweat socks, he would more than likely say, "Yes indeed...That's some ghetto sh!t that white boy's pullin with that guitar."

Trifling BS aside, back OT: again, I would recommend the ghetto solution.

You're from the UK? How much slang do *lily white* Englishmen pick up from Jamaican reggae or hip hop culture?

I wouldn't know' date=' as I said I'm from the UK, not England, and my avatar clearly says Scotland. Maybe your education wasn't as wonderful as you think.

The language isn't racist' date=' it's all in the person doing the speaking.[/quote']

You hit the nail on the head there.

Scots don't mix with Englishmen socially, watch them on BBC, or listen to them on the radio? I assumed with a guitar like that, you'd mingled in London is all. I don't mean anything derogatory by associating Scotland with England under the UK banner. If it matters to you I don't like England either.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

I am a newbie here. I own a Gibson Nighthawk that came with a softshell gig bag. I want to get a hardshell case for it' date=' but can't seem to find one in any of the music stores I have been in. Anyone have any suggestions about what kind of case could fit a Nighthawk?

[/quote']

I got mine off ebay. The Nighthawk is the same size as the Blues Hawk and Little Lucille. The Blues Hawk was in production until very 2006, so it's more likely you'll find one of those.

My case is an Epiphone Nighthawk case, epiphone made Nighhawks the whole time Gibson did, and they seem to have made more cases.

Good Luck on your Quest,

I got mine off ebay. The Nighthawk is the same size as the Blues Hawk and Little Lucille. The Blues Hawk was in production until very 2006' date=' so it's more likely you'll find one of those.

My case is an Epiphone Nighthawk case, epiphone made Nighhawks the whole time Gibson did, and they seem to have made more cases.

Good Luck on your Quest,[/quote']

I wonder if it might be the same size as the small ES-335, can't remember the model number. gibson just released it a year or so ago.

I wonder if it might be the same size as the small ES-335' date=' can't remember the model number. gibson just released it a year or so ago.[/quote']

ES-339, I sure would like to test drive one of those. I might be small but I think it would be the wrong shape. The Blues Hawk and Little Lucille are the same exact bodystyle as the Nighthawk.

Archived